Re: Bat Guano

New to marijuana growing? Need some basic questions answered to get your garden started? This is the place to look.

Ok i am getting ready to start my second indoor grow (soil) (blueberry) it was suggested to me that i should use bat guano. To be honest i have never heard of the stuff, but i decided to ask you guys before i purchase it.

Heck yea. You should buy it. Thats my opinion.. and to clarify something I am no expert to

growing MJ. Not even close... However, I just asked the same question to someone on

and I was told you can use Bat Guano (which you know 'Guano' means poop). It's just

batpoop my friend.

I don't know about using it during the vegetative cycles... but I know that from what I just

heard, Once you hit your grow with the flowering cycle.. you can use bat guano for your

plant to use as food/nutrients. I havent tried this yet... but I just learned that today.

Hope some of that helped you.

(they also said.. that once flowering comes, you can get away with ONLY using bat guano. Nothing else needed.)

:D
[flash=]God put marijuana here on the Earth for a reason.. FOR US TO ENJOY IT!![/flash]

Yes, you can use Mexican Bat Guano during veg. Just have a good soil like ocean forest or happyfrog, or something to this effect. When I used it, I waited til my plants were 4wks vegged. At this time I gave them 1tbs of Mexican guano for added nitrogen and 1tbs of Jamaican guano to induce flowering. At the 4th flowering week, I added 2tbs of Jamaican guano to finish them. I also used molasses in every watering thruout flowering... That helps as a carb builder and to fatten up the buds a lil. Guano works! :reefer
O.L. Johnson once said, "It is best to be thought of as a dickhead, than to speak up and remove all doubt."

Thanks a lot. I really appreciate the help!

VaruisStylz wrote:Yes, you can use Mexican Bat Guano during veg. Just have a good soil like ocean forest or happyfrog, or something to this effect. When I used it, I waited til my plants were 4wks vegged. At this time I gave them 1tbs of Mexican guano for added nitrogen and 1tbs of Jamaican guano to induce flowering. At the 4th flowering week, I added 2tbs of Jamaican guano to finish them. I also used molasses in every watering thruout flowering... That helps as a carb builder and to fatten up the buds a lil. Guano works! :reefer

See, that's what I plan on doing. Using organics instead of a liquid applicator...

yepp. and I promise! I will have pics soon... as soon as I get enough money for
a new camera so a few weeks from now. But I will be posting. :D
[flash=]God put marijuana here on the Earth for a reason.. FOR US TO ENJOY IT!![/flash]

Hey Kewwma,

I'm not an expert here by any means, but there are several different types of bat guano. Mexican bat guano contains a lot of nitrogen for veg stage. Jamaican and Indonesian bat guano contains mostly phosphorous, which you need more of for budding. I think it depends on whether they eat fruit and berries or insects, only guessing on this.
Here's a link to a site with lots of organic stuff.
http://www.hhydro.com/cgi-bin/hhydro/FE ... d=bQhDyiJf
Personally, I'm on my first grow in over 10 years. I'm trying to go totally organic. I'm planning on using Jamaican bat guano for my main flowering nute. Hope this helps, and good growing!

back2good

i use peruvian seabird guano. its got a lilttle more N and P then the bat guano
"Life goes fast like a blunt it goes fast"

"because it sits in my bedroom in piles and mounds
we got pounds and pounds that the world don't know about
if i sold it yo they'd all be in the clouds
smoke em out without a doubt
yo its not for the money
its all for the head and gettin stoned with my homies"

I don't either... :( That's why I don't smoke it.. :P I feed it to my plants. :lmao :slapper
O.L. Johnson once said, "It is best to be thought of as a dickhead, than to speak up and remove all doubt."

:slapper
~Kdmac~

~~Believe in the beauty of your dream~~

kdmac-s-bubble-hash-n-stash-t33571.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdmac-s-stash-4-hash-t34536.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdmac-2009-grow-t36137.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
kdmac-s-2010-hash-run-t38654.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, when you eat vegetables, they were probably grown in cow/horse manure anyways, so, technically, you'd be eating poop too...lol Bat guano is an awesome fertilizer additive, could even be used as a standalone feeding regime. I use High nitrrogen mexican batguano, and high phosphorus indonesian bat guano, although, there are different kinds. There's bird guano also, which is very good also. I've read that larger companies that sell bat, and bird guano, often have them mixed up anyways , as long as the NPK, etc...was in check. Nothing beats a good organic grow anyways.

:reefer

Next

Return to Beginners Forum

x #{title}

#{text}