cloning problems

New to marijuana growing? Need some basic questions answered to get your garden started? This is the place to look.

I have been using my ez clone and every year i seem to have issues with it.Seems that the water gets algea in it about a week after setting in the cloner???Whats up with that?
my first grow!!double gum and sugar babe X Aussie blue!!
first-grow-dg-and-sugar-babe-t33432.html
horrid grow:Biggie Small,Double Gum,ab X sb
the-love-shack-1-16-t34699.html
Dam camera broke
2-mazars-and-one-true-blueberry-t40111.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
NEW**Jack herror and Mazar****
jack-herror-and-mazar-t41021.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's a couple things...

#1-- what water do you use? (city/Well/bottled??) and how deep do you fill it?
#2-- what additives do you use?
#3-- what is the temp. of the water with the pump-running?
#4--do you have a strong-enough air pump & stones in there??? (some forget to use em!)

With well water-- and some additives, it's an issue-- add 1 Tbs of pharmacy-grade peroxide (brown bottle about $1) per gallon of water ... and make sure you fill it all the way to the bottom of the diaphram (the part with the sprayers on it)

SOME pumps tend to over-heat the water-- you'll need to keep the water cool- either adding frozen water bottles 2-3x a day, adding an additional separate rez to increase the water volume ...just use PVC at the drain hole to connect it to a 5-gallon bucket or 8-gallon bin with lid.. (remember to fill it ONLY to the same height as the Cloner!)

You MUST use an air-pump with stones to keep it aerated! do the peroxide trick-- then if you do not have one-- go to a pet stor or Wlamart etc... get a roll of tubing ($2) a small airstone or air-bar ($2) and a decent sized pump-- a "400-600" is good... get a "T" also if you have added a rez-- and get an extra airstone to drop into the rez.

We had the same issues--
remember to really disinfect it with bleach between uses, and soak the disks in peroxide overnight & rinse well between uses... or you'll never get rid of the gunk!

We built one out of an 18-gallon bin and raised the diaphram higher with a piece of PVC... the larger water volume reduces the over-heating issue-- but the added rez is an option too!

Good Luck! ;)
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Lady Zandra wrote:It's a couple things...

#1-- what water do you use? (city/Well/bottled??) and how deep do you fill it?
#2-- what additives do you use?
#3-- what is the temp. of the water with the pump-running?
#4--do you have a strong-enough air pump & stones in there??? (some forget to use em!)

With well water-- and some additives, it's an issue-- add 1 Tbs of pharmacy-grade peroxide (brown bottle about $1) per gallon of water ... and make sure you fill it all the way to the bottom of the diaphram (the part with the sprayers on it)

SOME pumps tend to over-heat the water-- you'll need to keep the water cool- either adding frozen water bottles 2-3x a day, adding an additional separate rez to increase the water volume ...just use PVC at the drain hole to connect it to a 5-gallon bucket or 8-gallon bin with lid.. (remember to fill it ONLY to the same height as the Cloner!)

You MUST use an air-pump with stones to keep it aerated! do the peroxide trick-- then if you do not have one-- go to a pet stor or Wlamart etc... get a roll of tubing ($2) a small airstone or air-bar ($2) and a decent sized pump-- a "400-600" is good... get a "T" also if you have added a rez-- and get an extra airstone to drop into the rez.

We had the same issues--
remember to really disinfect it with bleach between uses, and soak the disks in peroxide overnight & rinse well between uses... or you'll never get rid of the gunk!

We built one out of an 18-gallon bin and raised the diaphram higher with a piece of PVC... the larger water volume reduces the over-heating issue-- but the added rez is an option too!

Good Luck! ;)

hey lady z.I use water from the sink and i dont use any additives just the rooting gel for the cuttings but i dont add anything to the water.Honestly i dont know the temps when running and it does come with an air pump "its a 30 site e-z cloner".so should I just add peroxide and how much to start and should i keep reapplying every few days?alsoi i should know this but what is the rez temp supposed to be at.can it get TOO cold if i add frozen soda bottles full of water.
Dam camera broke
2-mazars-and-one-true-blueberry-t40111.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jack-herror-and-mazar-t41021.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Clean the cloner real well with a bleach solution-- INCLUDING running it with the bleach in in (no plants obviously! Just the plugs if they are used ones)

Then rinse well and run 2x with plain water to get all the bleach out and let air dry overnight.

Use BOTTLED water-- you can usually get a 3-gallon jug of "purified drinking water" for around $2-$3 USD... then add a tablespoon of peroxide. Make SURE your air pump is working full-force and change the air-stones (they harbor algae spores!)
Run the system for at least 6 hours before you test and adjust the pH-- then wait 3 hours and test it again...

Turn off the pump, open the lid, and smell the inside... does it smell clean? If not-- go thru the entire cleaning routine again....

Now-- check your foam plugs. Will they be tight, or loose around the stems? If tight when down in the cloner- Hold each one "open" and snip away a small piece to create a small opening for the stems...

Now-- run the pump for a few hours- then turn it off.
Open the lid.
Does the air inside it feel warm?
Is the water cool?
If it is too warm, it slow-cooks the stems... it means your water-pump is over-heating (common in EZ cloners!)
Use a 24-hour 15-minute increment timer ($10 @ Lowes) set it to turn off for 15 minutes every hour... this keeps the pump from over-heating the water.

Once all this is done/checked-- you need a cloning solution. The Sprayers often spray so hard they just wash-off the cloning gel- and that little bit of gel isn't enough in that amount of water to be effective as a "solution." Buy whatever solution is made by the same company as your gel-- or try the one by Clonex or Rootek... I do not suggest Olivia's in the sprayer type systems, tho I like the product, it is better for DWC or plug-cloning, as it can clog spray emitters.

Good Luck! :D
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

i went to run my cloner and relized its just to loud.I will be using the little sponge chocolate cake looking things "rapid rooters" with a humid dome.Any suggestions?Im going to use the ez cloner rooting gel is that ok?should i put water in the bottom of the dome?all this info is great lady z thank you and i hope youre feeling better.
Dam camera broke

im sorry im actually going to be using the jiffy pellets
Dam camera broke

so you bought a $200 EZ CLONER and now your going to use jiffy cubes ? :x

hunior wrote:so you bought a $200 EZ CLONER and now your going to use jiffy cubes ? :x

tell me about it.i have a lower apartment and i share my house with my upstairs neighbor.well last year i used it but my neighbor was never downstairs in the basement so i never thought of the sound of the machine being an issue.You can hear everything that goes on in my apartment in the basement.so now that my new upstairs neighbor are using the basemnt i went downstairs to see how loud it was and it was definatly noticable.Trust me id love to be using the ez cloner but im gonna play it safe
Dam camera broke

rubber mat in the cupboard always did me well, also a radio on low will block out most sound....

i thought about the radio on low but decided against it still,with everything else ive been doing lately such as disposing old soil and bringing in new soil plus bringing in clones from a friends house,i just dont need something else to bring up suspicion.and they would definatly wonder why i have radio on 24/7.is it any of there buisness...NO...but are people nosey in my town...YES
Dam camera broke

Return to Beginners Forum

• what kind of cloning machine should i use?
    Attachment(s) by geminiman420 » Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:12 pm
    6 Replies
    Last post
    Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:22 am
  • cloning
    by ayatolla19 » Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:12 pm
    2 Replies
    Last post
    Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:52 pm
  • cloning?
    by cloud9taken » Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:35 am
    9 Replies