Distance for MH lamp with seedlings

New to marijuana growing? Need some basic questions answered to get your garden started? This is the place to look.

Ok, so I'm getting my 400w MH HPS lamp today, and I was just wondering about how far away I should place the light away from my plants. My girls are still seedlings, so I don't want to overheat them before they make it to a full veg. I was thinking about 4ft (this is what Ready Set Grow recommends). Not sure if it is important, but I'm growing in organic soil and perlite.
Grow safe....

LA Woman, Fast Blast grow http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/new-fast-blast-la-woman-grow-t38888.html

Saul: It's like, if you took that Blue Oyster s**t I gave you last week, and then that crazy African Kush I had that one time.. and they had a baby. And then meanwhile, that crazy Northern Light s**t I had, and that Red s**t I had, made a baby. And by some crazy miracle, those two babies got together, and f**ked... this would be it!
Dale Denton: [smells the marijuana] Oh. Wow. This is the product of baby f**king.

Saul: It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn...with, like, a bomb.

if they are still on their first 2/3 sets of leaves, I would go with 2-3 feet. once they have established themselves you can determine how close to put them by feeling the heat from the light on your hand. Will you be cooling your 400w MH?
Acts of creation are often reserved for gods and poets. Man need only to plant a seed.

no unfortunately not. I have a few fans going in the closet where I have it (one blowing air out and one blowing in). I just got the light hung so I'll keep my eye on temps today, and adjust as needed. hopefully I don't overheat them...
Grow safe....

LA Woman, Fast Blast grow http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/new-fast-blast-la-woman-grow-t38888.html

Saul: It's like, if you took that Blue Oyster s**t I gave you last week, and then that crazy African Kush I had that one time.. and they had a baby. And then meanwhile, that crazy Northern Light s**t I had, and that Red s**t I had, made a baby. And by some crazy miracle, those two babies got together, and f**ked... this would be it!
Dale Denton: [smells the marijuana] Oh. Wow. This is the product of baby f**king.

Saul: It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn...with, like, a bomb.

you should go to a hardware store and pick up 2 digital thermometers, if you havent already. They only cost $8 or so and display temp and humid
Acts of creation are often reserved for gods and poets. Man need only to plant a seed.

Will do thanks
Grow safe....

:D After the cotelydon leaves are open I usually wait one day then put the seedlings right under a 400mh and a 600hps togethwr. i keep the lights about 2 feet away but closer in about a week.

Right on Ohio, thanks...
Grow safe....

Return to Beginners Forum

x #{title}

#{text}