LIME DOLOMITE

New to marijuana growing? Need some basic questions answered to get your garden started? This is the place to look.

I ordered some priled lime dolomite to sweeten the soil but i mixed it then checked and the pH was still 8 i want it to go down to 7...what am i doin wrong...is it because of the soil...i am using fox farm ocean forest soil so is it ok to mix the dolomite in that soil

Lime/dolomite is usually used OUTDOORS to sweeten POOR soil... Buying Fox Farms then adding that is like buying Caviar then mixing in ketchup!

Just use the soil AS IS-- adjust your WATERS pH to 6.5 amd do not fertilize them in Veg until after at least 4 weeks-- then start at the LOWEST dose on the feeding schedules.

FEEDING CHART: nutes-what-to-use-and-how-to-use-em-t14033.html
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

That FFOF is really rich stuff. I put my girls in 5 gal grow bags on feb 20. I just did a flush (to go to 12's) and begining ppm was over 1300 (and my feeding PPM was only 700-800 . The girls really like the stuff tho. Next go around I think I will go with a more nuetral soil so I can decide what goes in. Plus flushing that many nutes is a royal pain in the arse took damn near 7 hours for 7 girls (there were a few bowl breaks :-?
IF MY AVATAR OFFFENDS YOU , PLEASE REFER BACK TO MY AVATAR

When using Fox Farm Soils, ALWAYS cut it with pearlite and/or vermitculite... 3:1

It is VERY rich, but meant for this kind of growing... just needs to be "fluffed" with the fillers...

Shouldn't add anything else-- they know what they are doing when they make it!!!!

again-- if vegging more than 3-4 weekd-- THEN start nutes... not any earlier tho-- you'll overfeed!
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Return to Beginners Forum

• Dolomite lime/Help!!!!!
    by krispy69 » Fri Mar 14, 2008 2:47 pm
    2 Replies
    Last post
    Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:44 pm
x #{title}

#{text}