LIME DOLOMITE

New to marijuana growing? Need some basic questions answered to get your weed garden started? This is the place to look.

LIME DOLOMITE

I ordered some priled lime dolomite to sweeten the soil but i mixed it then checked and the pH was still 8 i want it to go down to 7...what am i doin wrong...is it because of the soil...i am using fox farm ocean forest soil so is it ok to mix the dolomite in that soil
YELLABOYSMOKEY
Senior Skunk

LIME DOLOMITE

Lime/dolomite is usually used OUTDOORS to sweeten POOR soil... Buying Fox Farms then adding that is like buying Caviar then mixing in ketchup!

Just use the soil AS IS-- adjust your WATERS pH to 6.5 amd do not fertilize them in Veg until after at least 4 weeks-- then start at the LOWEST dose on the feeding schedules.

FEEDING CHART: nutes-what-to-use-and-how-to-use-em-t14033.html
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.
Lady Zandra
Ganja God

Location: wandering aimlessly-- probably looking for my glasses.

LIME DOLOMITE

That FFOF is really rich stuff. I put my girls in 5 gal grow bags on feb 20. I just did a flush (to go to 12's) and begining ppm was over 1300 (and my feeding PPM was only 700-800 . The girls really like the stuff tho. Next go around I think I will go with a more nuetral soil so I can decide what goes in. Plus flushing that many nutes is a royal pain in the arse took damn near 7 hours for 7 girls (there were a few bowl breaks :-?
IF MY AVATAR OFFFENDS YOU , PLEASE REFER BACK TO MY AVATAR
lerellion
Senior Skunk

LIME DOLOMITE

When using Fox Farm Soils, ALWAYS cut it with pearlite and/or vermitculite... 3:1

It is VERY rich, but meant for this kind of growing... just needs to be "fluffed" with the fillers...

Shouldn't add anything else-- they know what they are doing when they make it!!!!

again-- if vegging more than 3-4 weekd-- THEN start nutes... not any earlier tho-- you'll overfeed!
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.
Lady Zandra
Ganja God

Location: wandering aimlessly-- probably looking for my glasses.

Return to Beginners Forum