Drilling/Filing Glass for bong

Marijuana smoking hardware. Bongs, pipes, vaporisers and all the other smoking gear you like to use.

Anybody have any experience making holes in glass for the slider and stuff? I've heard things about diamond drill bits or something and using a dremel... anybody ever actually do it?

Use a torch, heat it up, and poke it through. I've done it but not for a bong or smoking.

ive done it and its a pain in the ass
the drill bits are not that cheap. they make cheaper ones but they break alot of pieces while using them. the good bits will run you around 90 bucks but they couod turn out a hundred pieces of glass.
the key is speed and temp. dont go full speed- you want about 2/3 throttle(on a drill-dremel does not have the tourqe) and youll want to use a coolant of some sort. i used a water bottle with a hole in the cap to put the water right at the cutting edge of the bit

if your going to drill glass do it under water wont break that way. but if your gonna buy a drill bit to drill a bong and those diamond drill bits aint cheap why not just buy a new bong?

smknallday wrote:how are you supposed to drill something underwater..?

;) probably now with an electric drill eh?

im hoping he meant to keep the tip of the bit underwater. that is done to help keep the diamonds cool as weel as the glass
as for drill bits:
heres one i found on the web- 3/8" Cyclone Non-Coring Bit, 5/8" Threaded Arbor $48.00
i went with a 5/8 because the stem comes in at an angle making the need for a bigger hole

tbone420 wrote:im hoping he meant to keep the tip of the bit underwater. that is done to help keep the diamonds cool as weel as the glass
as for drill bits:
heres one i found on the web- 3/8" Cyclone Non-Coring Bit, 5/8" Threaded Arbor $48.00
i went with a 5/8 because the stem comes in at an angle making the need for a bigger hole

Sounds like a headline in the Stupid News column waiting to happen. Probably see it on Leno. Man gets bigger buzz then expected as drill falls into water.

you can use a normal drill bit , just start tapping on the glass ( tap round and round the area you want the hole ) with it and it will slowly chip ( powder ) away the glass , takes a bit of practice but its do-able.
iv done it with beer bottles and coke bottles, takes about an hour or so but once you start the hole and get it close to the size you want get a small half round file and finish off , but be careful if you get to carried away it will crack.
If Ya Don't Ask Ya Don't Know !
Your eternal quest for knowledge should not be dampened buy your over whelming desire to get completely shitfaced ;]
" Seek and thou may learn , Listen and thou shell be Rewarded "

Sounds like a normal day in shop class.

you got it Red , school taught us some useful skills :D
If Ya Don't Ask Ya Don't Know !
Your eternal quest for knowledge should not be dampened buy your over whelming desire to get completely shitfaced ;]
" Seek and thou may learn , Listen and thou shell be Rewarded "

Return to Bongs, Pipes, Vaporisers

x #{title}

#{text}