How long does it take seeds to mature ?

Post or find info about breeding cannabis, creating hybrids, genetics etc

A family crisis took me out of town for about 2 weeks.
I came back expecting my plants to be dead ... but they were alive and actually healthy.
Unfortunately one of the plants was a male and ended up pollenating two females.

I decided to go ahead and let them grow hoping for a good crop of seeds ... Hashberry x Aurora Indica.

Right now I'm at day 38 of flowering and the plants are going downhill ... a lot of yellowing of the fan leaves and the tips of the new growth are browning and dying.
I don't know if this is normal for a pollenated plant or not. I'm guessing they're putting all their energy into making the seeds.
I wouldn't mind letting these continue to flower for another month ... but I figure it's unlikely I'll get much in the way of smokeable bud so my main agenda now is the seeds.

So my question is ... how long does it take the seeds to mature ?

Is it in hydro or soil?? What Nutes you using at what PPM/EC???

Either way, I'd flush her (24 hours in hydro--then add nutes for the ec/ppm she needs..... or in soil just a regular flush with a quart of nutes at 1/4 stregnth at the end of the flush-- then feed again next week)

Also-- give her some Cal-Mag, a little extra "N" and some carbs (Sweet, Suganat, Molassas etc..)

You'll still get some decent smoke-- a little less potent, and a lot fluffier-- but it'll be ok...
Let them go as long as they can... you can keep an eye on the seed-pods.. If they look like they are getting a dark line or splitting, the seeds are ready.
Otherwise, you can just go till ready for harvest, and get the seeds out after it is harvested and dried.

;) good luck!
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Thanks Lady Z.

In your experience is it normal to see bud production slow or even stop once plants are pollenated ?

These are in FFOF soil and being fed Botonicaire PB Bloom.

how heavily was the plant pollanated. if just a few it will slow down a lil but not realy noticable unless you've worked with the strain a bit and the more it is pollanated the slower the new flowers will come on
check this out

how-long-t30757.html

ice ... the immediate area and the plants themselves were heavily dusted with pollen. It looks like every flower pod (calyx?) was pollenated. They're all swolen and some of them have started to split so you can see the seed inside.

bawa059 wrote:ice ... the immediate area and the plants themselves were heavily dusted with pollen. It looks like every flower pod (calyx?) was pollenated. They're all swolen and some of them have started to split so you can see the seed inside.

just like it takes time for the thrichs to change colars under differant light sources so will the seeds like lets say just for grins under a 250 hps the seeds take 3 weeks to fully form and rippen to good seeds the more light the quicker the seeds will mature . nutes help with the plant being able to quickly form and ripen seeds as does higher light levels i'm sure humidity plays a role in there somewhere aswell. but i'd say let the seeds go until you can't let them go anylonger so you get all the seeds you can
check this out

how-long-t30757.html

ice2000 wrote:What strain is it?

The male was Hashberry the ladies are both Aurora Indica.

ice#1 wrote:just like it takes time for the thrichs to change colars under differant light sources so will the seeds like lets say just for grins under a 250 hps the seeds take 3 weeks to fully form and rippen to good seeds the more light the quicker the seeds will mature . nutes help with the plant being able to quickly form and ripen seeds as does higher light levels i'm sure humidity plays a role in there somewhere aswell. but i'd say let the seeds go until you can't let them go anylonger so you get all the seeds you can

I'm gonna let them go until the trichs are about 20 % amber.
Or, until the seeds start dropping.

I checked these with a magnifying glass.
There's about a dozen seed pods split open on one of the plants and the seeds look fat and healthy.

This grow was fucked up from day one ... one of those grows where nothing goes right.
I planted in Canna Bio Terra Plus and didn't have the proper nutes for coco ... then just when I'm getting things sorted out I'm called out of town for almost 2 weeks.
I'm just thinking how nice it will be if I not only get some good seeds here but also end up with some pretty good smoke too.
Especially since Mandala Seeds has ceased operations.

Return to Breeding & Hybridization

x #{title}

#{text}