Anyone use Superthrive to assist in germination?

General Marijuana & Forum Questions

Same question as the subject. Just picked up a bottle to help combat root rot on my bagseed that's been in flower for almost 10 weeks now >.> and I was wondering how it would be used to aid in germination as it says on the package.

Thanks in advance for the help. :P

Ferengi420 wrote:Works a treat, your supposed to use it in seedling, and veg stage. Dont use it in the flowering stage though.

Thanks for the speedy response. Guess I'll probably just chop the biatch then, I need to set up a new light cycle for these LR2s anyway. :D

Yo, Ferengi -

Why do we need to avoid using Superthrive during flowering????? Is this gonna turn into a big "whoopsie" for me?

Thanks!

-CBM

I just found this:

Superthrive is simply Vitamin A,B,C,D,E and K with IBA and 1-Naa, two hormones that control elongation and can be used to promote rooting. The rest of the solution is water.

Superthrive is real handy for cloning, but don't overuse it as the 1-NAA becomes inhibitory if too much is used, in other words it stops the plants rooting. IBA also causes elongation in flowering, it leaves the buds with large gaps where there should be pungent female flowers, don't use it ever during flowering for this reason.

Ferengi420 wrote:It causes deformed/fluffy buds, and elongation of flowers.

I will stop using it immediately! My buds look OK, thank God - but I hate to think they could'a been a bit nicer. Maybe I wasn't using enough to make a huge difference.

Thanks!

I always use ST to assist in germination. Had some trouble with skunk #1... thought they were done for, ST pulled them through!

Google up "Seed`n Clone" excellent stuff for babys!!!
CHRON ;)
champagne for mi real friends...... and real pain* for mi sham friends....

[img]http://www.uselessgraphics.com/a-e/devilmademe.gif[/img]

If ya dont like it.....ya can fuck off

I use a liter spray bottle and add 5-6 drops, moisten up my towels then seal in tupperware and it then sits on top my seedling lights for 5-7 days. Through seedlings and veg i use the same spray bottle but add a splash of ST, water and foliar. never caused any problems. Just DONT use in flowering... it will cause elongated flowers and they will NOT be dense. :(

buzzballast wrote:I use a liter spray bottle and add 5-6 drops, moisten up my towels then seal in tupperware and it then sits on top my seedling lights for 5-7 days. Through seedlings and veg i use the same spray bottle but add a splash of ST, water and foliar. never caused any problems. Just DONT use in flowering... it will cause elongated flowers and they will NOT be dense. :(

i have found this to be the case also. excellent for seedlings and rooted clones, great in the veg, but will fuck flowers up BAD! buds are dense, but they are spread out, and elongated.

Superthrive is a simple mix of Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NNA) and vitamin B1. Plants make vitamin B1 themselves, but by giving them superthrive vitamin B1 can be put strait to use. This allows the plant to transfer the energy saved by not making B1 to more productive things.

Although superthrive is a great reviver, superthrive can also mess things up in medical plants in flowering stages. Superthrive's other ingredient is an auxin called Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NNA). Auxin regulate the plants in many ways, Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NNA) is a man made auxin to substitute the natural auxin indole-3-acetic acid (IAA). Adding Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NNA) into the flowering stages can prolong flowering times, and retard growth. Also adding too much superthrive in any stage of the plants life can retard stem and branch growth.

Although there is no date stated on the bottles, Naphthalene Acetic Acid (NNA) goes out of date in around 3 years in room temperature.

Add in the grow stages at 1ml per 10 litres of water. Excellent clone rooting booster aswell. Watch for strechy growth because this is signs of over dosing.

really great info on superthrive everyone thanks

Next

Return to General Questions

x #{title}

#{text}