Germing with Jiffy pucks

General Marijuana & Forum Questions

Has anyone ever germed their seeds in Jiffy pucks? I am trying to germ most of my seeds this time in the pucks. I've never done it with MJ but I use it with all my veggies.
Grow safe....

LA Woman, Fast Blast grow http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/new-fast-blast-la-woman-grow-t38888.html

Saul: It's like, if you took that Blue Oyster s**t I gave you last week, and then that crazy African Kush I had that one time.. and they had a baby. And then meanwhile, that crazy Northern Light s**t I had, and that Red s**t I had, made a baby. And by some crazy miracle, those two babies got together, and f**ked... this would be it!
Dale Denton: [smells the marijuana] Oh. Wow. This is the product of baby f**king.

Saul: It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn...with, like, a bomb.

Thanks Veggie that makes me feel better. I sowed the seeds last night, but I started to think that maybe I should have germed them in a paper towel first and then put them into the puck. Will it take longer for the seeds to pop than if I would have germed them in a paper towel? I have just heard mixed reviews with the pucks. I decided to do it because last time I germed in the towel I ended up breaking two of my seeds tap roots. This time I wanted to handle them as little as possible.
Grow safe....

LA Woman, Fast Blast grow http://www.marijuanagrowing.eu/new-fast-blast-la-woman-grow-t38888.html

Saul: It's like, if you took that Blue Oyster s**t I gave you last week, and then that crazy African Kush I had that one time.. and they had a baby. And then meanwhile, that crazy Northern Light s**t I had, and that Red s**t I had, made a baby. And by some crazy miracle, those two babies got together, and f**ked... this would be it!
Dale Denton: [smells the marijuana] Oh. Wow. This is the product of baby f**king.

Saul: It's almost a shame to smoke it. It's like killing a unicorn...with, like, a bomb.

Right on guys, thanks again, that makes me feel loads better about doing it. I have the dome sitting on top of my cfl hood with a few of the lights on for warmth (the top is warm to the touch but not hot if you leave your hand there. It's been 48hrs so far, and I still don't see anything.
Grow safe....

So, I got a little paranoid about leaving the plants on the hood (worried it was too hot). I went in and opened the dome and felt the bottom of the pucks and they felt a little too warm.... So I panicked; I got a toothpick and uncovered the one of the seeds, and to my delightful surprise I saw a tap root!!! So I turned off one end of the hood and put them back on the cooler end. Hopefully in a few days I'll have a several little sprouts to transplant. One more question though; should I put the pucks under a CFL?
Grow safe....

Return to General Questions

x #{title}

#{text}