Nitrogen Fixation and marijuana?

General Marijuana & Forum Questions

would nitrogen fixing bacteria in mj plants soil be good or would it lead to overdose of nitrogen?

replys would be appreciated...

Hmmm not sure , but ya really don't need Nitrogen the whole grow. Don't think ya want alot of nitrogen during flower.Peace
If my penis is 12" long. Is it a Foot?

honest tom wrote:would nitrogen fixing bacteria in mj plants soil be good or would it lead to overdose of nitrogen?

Welcome to planet skunk.

What is the product's NPK value and how is it used. If the product is very low like 0.2 for example, it could be very beneficial. Nitrogen is used more during veg but is necessary thru the entire grow up until about 2wks before harvesting.. You back off drastically during flowering but keep enough around to not allow deficencies.

I think the most important thing during veg growth is mychorrizeal fungi spores for root growth and health.

Nitrogen is a moving nutrient meaning the plant will steal it from other parts of the plant if needed, usually from the bottom leaf's thus a reason for discoloration there as plants finish and growers back off nitrogen completely.

More product info would be nice tho.

cheers.

honest tom wrote:would nitrogen fixing bacteria in mj plants soil be good or would it lead to overdose of nitrogen?

I have been searching all day on this very subject. From what I have read only certain plants can have a relationship with these bacteria, legumes are the most common. the bacteria grow nodules in the plants roots and fixate nitrogen from the air and store it in these nodules. There are other types of bacteria that do this on their own but they are anaerobic bacteria and can only thrive in low to no oxygen environments. That would be very bad for your plants..

So in short it would be very very bad for your plants not because of to much N but because of no oxygen...

If you want to give your soil a boost use some blood meal you will get plenty of NH4 eventually from soil microbes which is the type of nitrogen your plants love... (there are plenty of bacteria that thrive in aerobic soils that will convert organic nitrogen forms into inorganic forms the plant can use. NH4 does cling to soil so it is hard to flush so you would not want to use much....NO3 does not cling to soil so it will flush but can also pollute the water supply if leached to heavily...)

also it is very important to learn just how NPK interact with the soil you grow in.. given the wrong conditions N will simply evaporate away... EVERY GROWER NEEDS TO UNDERSTAND THE NITROGEN CYCLE...will make life so SO much easier.

please visit these links to learn more about the macro nutrients

http://www.extension.umn.edu/agricultur ... -in-soils/

http://www.noble.org/ag/soils/phosphorusbehavior/

http://www.extension.umn.edu/agricultur ... roduction/

and just for shits and giggles you could always try to get lightning to strike your dirt that would sure as hell fill it up with nitrogen from the air...highly dangerous and not practical unfortunately..

Hope this helps.

-The Grower Always Seeking Knowledge

This os an old post.
personally I'm finding compost teas inoculated with micro bio life
better than anything out there

Return to General Questions

• good nitrogen for seedlings..
    by Reefer » Wed Oct 22, 2008 2:22 am
    9 Replies
    Last post
    Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:26 pm
  • nitrogen problem