seeds from a hermie plant

General Marijuana & Forum Questions

Hi

I had a female Hollands Hoop turn hermie after she got trampled (I'm growing outdoors)

The plant has a lot of seeds. Is it worth germing the seeds next season or should I throw them away?

P.S. It's still a nice smoke. Not as strong as you would expect but it's nice for a social smoke.

The seeds from it will most likely be hermies too, any other females that copped some of the pollen should throw feminised seeds though.

8)
Regards, Tom.

It's no crime to have an opinion, the crime is committed when you force others to conform to your beliefs.

Easy Bong Cleaning.

PlanetSkunk Forum - Rules and Policy.

Cheers tom.

I might grow a couple next year in a remote spot and see what happens.

so fem seeds come from a hermie pollinating a reg female????
and hermie seeds will be hermie?????
America... just a nation of two hundred million used car salesmen with all the money we need to buy guns and no qualms about killing anybody else in the world who tries to make us uncomfortable. R.I.P. Hunter S Thompson

no most feminized seeds are treated with a certain acid (read the cannabis grow bible in the back on genetics andbreeding he talks in more detail about it) that strips away male chromosomes this process takes time for them to get clones of female only seed producing mothers they have to treat several batches of seeds, I recommend growng out a few good seeds and finding vialble clones. I wil admit though that I have used dutch masters feminizer and male flower killer, and I was pleasently surprised with 4 out of 5 girls, the problem is I dont know if that is because of the dutch master or if it would have gone that way anyway, I will use it on my next two harvests and if I get cosistant results we will be able to safely assume its a good product
check out my grow, with regular updates cannabis15761.html

ganja man wrote:but what happend that it became a hermy?

she got trampled or hit with something and the main stem was snapped off

I lost about 2 foot off the top. But the plant was very wide and bushy so I left her to grow. I've taken some of the buds off and they give a nice smoke - not as strong as you would expect but still a good hit.

It was a Hollands Hoop

Return to General Questions

• eva seeds jamaican dream
    by Bandit » Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:18 pm
    1 Replies
    Last post
    Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:23 pm
  • Re: smashed seeds
    by reap420 » Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:34 pm
    4 Replies
    Last post
    Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:23 am