TAP ROOT UP OR DOWN?

General Marijuana & Forum Questions

Hello,im getting ready to germinate some seeds and wanted to do some homework before i get started.i have been using cuttings for some time and this is my first seed try.im getting conflicting reports on how to plant the seed once it germinates(paper towel method).does the tap root go up or down?i will most likely be using rockwool cubes at first.any help would be appreciated.
thanks

It goes down.
bee rye wrote:"Not all Muslims are suicide bombers, but all suicide bombers are Muslim."

thanks CO,that sounds right to me.i was watching some you tube videos and they were putting them up.

Try some info here to get you a real-good head start....

Growers Terms and methods 101
terms-and-methodsall-growers-need-to-know-t12763.html

MANY NUTES and FEEDING CHART FOR THEM: nutes-what-to-use-and-how-to-use-em-t14033.html

GUIDE TO GROWING step-by-step-growing-faq-s-please-read-before-posting-t20217.html

Emergency Flush for Harvest
emergency-flushing-for-harvest-t21899.html

CFL growing
how-to-use-cfl-s-to-grow-mj-t23291.html

Harvesting, drying & curing
harvesting-drying-curing-101-t29259.html
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

rayb73 wrote:thanks CO,that sounds right to me.i was watching some you tube videos and they were putting them up.

Their is ALOT of bad info out their, Before I ever go with something different I google it and read, read, read, then take what you considor the best advice and use it to your advantage.
bee rye wrote:"Not all Muslims are suicide bombers, but all suicide bombers are Muslim."

hello,thats what i have been doing for the last 2 days.i have been reading tap root up,tap root down,people arguing which way is better depending on the size of the root.it is very confusing.i might just put it on its side.lol.
thanks

The tap root has to be buried down so it can continue to follow water down and further penetrate the medium; therefore pushing the sprout up.. :D
O.L. Johnson once said, "It is best to be thought of as a dickhead, than to speak up and remove all doubt."

try and grasp this..

ROOTS grow DOWN
LEAVES grow UP

make an informed decision

Smknallday wrote:try and grasp this..

ROOTS grow DOWN
LEAVES grow UP

make an informed decision

exactly. u see our grows. we are not lying to u. roots grow down naturally due to gravity. water is below them always as water drains down into the dirt, so the roots will follow. i have had to save many seedling that i just thru into a rapid rooter or dirt. everytime im thinking where is my plant i saw it was cracked b4 now its not showing. low and behold i had dropped it in and it fell the wrong way and i didnt realize it. so i have had to go digging to right it.
so make sure ur root is down and the seed part is up. the root will grow down and push the seed head upwards towards the top of the soil and reaching for the sky
but hey go ahead and plant with the root up and watch ur seeds seldom pop out og the ground. they will be burying themselves deeper into the medium wasting its energy til it has none left. might as well call it an abortion

Next

Return to General Questions

x #{title}

#{text}