Re: What is the best way to get rid of my odor problems?

How To Grow Marijuana Indoors Grow Light Marijuana Hydroponics Pumps Fans Carbon Scrubber Rockwool Deep Water Culture NFT Areoponics Grow Box Cupbord

I am trying to set up a grow in a commercial location and need to find the most effective way to remove any odor from the area. I am looking at growing 50 plants and there will be people with in the 20 feet of the location. Any ideas or past experiences would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Can-Fan with attached carbon scrubber.... buy the size suitable to your areas square footage!
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Thank you for the info. I should have mentioned more about the details of my grow. I am growing in a 6x7x11 foot self made grow tent. I am using 2-600 hps with flow through 4" cooling ports, and 1 400 watt hps with out the cooling ports. I have you tubed, and looked at many forums trying to see exactly how to hook up the lights, filter and exhaust vent. From what I can tell I need to have an inlet at floor level 1.5 times as large as my exhaust hole. In order to vent my lights I would need to the 4"inch ducting with a 4 inch inline fan. Would I simply run the ducting from one opening in the tent through the lights out another opening? Wouldn't that carry at least some smell? Does the Carbon Scrubber clear the entire room of any odor and then you would not have to worry about the lights? Do I vent the room through the carbon scrubber and then direclty out into the surrounding area? Sorry if this seems a bit confusing. This is my second grow and now i am trying to help a friend who can not grow for himself. Thanks for the info.

You dont have to get a 4 inch fan just because of 4 inch ducting. You can get a 6 inch fan with a 6 inch to 4 inch reducer and duct through the 4 inch ducting through your lighting...

Which leads me to my next point...

That CAN Filter LZ is talking about will remove 99.9% of the odors when used properly. The way you should have it is have the 6 inch fan sucking the air through the carbon filter (which is in the opposite end of the tent as the air intake) and then through your air cooled reflectors and out of the tent.
Current grow: ak47-grow-week-9-start-of-harvest-t38253.html

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Patrick Jake 'P.J.' O'Rourke

Hey leprechaun333, Here's a pic of my ducting if that helps you visualize at all.
Attachments
1.29.10 009.jpg
Homemade Scrubber on left, light in middle, in-line fan on right exhausting out.
Any & all actions & events depicted in my posts' are merely fictitious. :wink:

our Can fan and filter are put together with a 6" reducer thatt hen allows the 4" ducting on it.... Those things are HUGE-- ours site on the floor and works VERY well-- many people hang them... but I do not think you could in a tent... they weigh about 100lbs together and stand about 3ft tall assembled and sitting on the floor....
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

i use the active air scrubbers and i DO hang them in my tents :lmao

Ours wouldn't fit in a tent.....

See it in the corner down there.......
it stands 4ft tall with the coupling--- weighs well over 100lbs...
we disconnected it from the lights-- it deodorizes the entire room and then smaller fans cool the lights.
Attachments
New Set up2.jpg
New Set up2.jpg (32.85 KiB)

hold that thought im gonna get you a pic

can you see it in the top of the pic ? its in my tent :roll:
Attachments
hunior%2078.JPG
hunior%2078.JPG (100.33 KiB)

Next

Return to Growroom Setup & Design

x #{title}

#{text}