Anyone have a cheap way to bring humidity down?

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

It won't stop raining around here and I'm out of money. I can't afford a dehumidifier right now. Or the power bill that goes along with it. I'm starting the seventh week of flower and my humidity is around 65%. I bought a Damp-rid bucket, but it's not enough. I've got a tower oscillating fan and a "lollipop" oscillating fan blowing on the girls. Any ideas?

Thanks,
CS

RICE...uncooked white rice in bowls or shallow pans around your room will help to suck the moisture out of the air. Or, you can use silica gel...the stuff they put in new shoe boxes to keep the moisture out of them. I use silica in my grow and flower room, and rice in my drying area.
"Of course I don't follow it. It's a stupid law. If I followed it I would be stupid by proxy"

I score dehues from craigslist for 25 bucks...
Save Our Country and VOTE!!!

garage sales. i bought a 175 dollar brand new dehumidifier from a garage sale for 10 bucks. get out and get lookin lol :D

Thanks peeps,
I've got some bowls of rice in the room for now. I actually found some renewable silica humidifiers for 15 bucks. I've got two on the way. I chose them because they don't draw power constantly. When they get full of moisture, you plug it in the wall for 8 hours to dry it out. The reviews say that they work pretty well. We'll see.

DUUGGGGHHHHH! I don't know why I didn't think of craigslist. I buy everything else off of there. The cat litter idea is genious!

Peace!
CS
:reefer

You should let us know how much the rice you use and how much effect it has on the humidity if you get the chance.
"Of course I don't follow it. It's a stupid law. If I followed it I would be stupid by proxy"

Aerogrower wrote:You should let us know how much the rice you use and how much effect it has on the humidity if you get the chance.

Hard to say. It finally stopped raining. It's been keeping the humidity steady at about 60%. Before the rice it had been fluctuating from 60%-75%.

60% is better but it's still a little high. Is there anything you can do to improve circulation around the plants? That will help keep anything from settling on the plant, like fungus spores.

Aerogrower wrote:60% is better but it's still a little high. Is there anything you can do to improve circulation around the plants? That will help keep anything from settling on the plant, like fungus spores.

I've got a tower oscillating fan and a tall "lollipop" oscillating fan blowing on them. The renewable silica dehumidifiers aren't working as well as I hoped. Still about the same. Maybe I'm doing something wrong with the input/output fans. I had both on 24/7. I'm going to play with it.

A dehumidifier is really just an air conditoner in principle. But with an airconditioner the heat extracted and water removed is sent out doors, and a dehumifier just exhausts the heat back into the room and collects the water in a container. A window air conditioner can be bought cheaper than a dehumifier of the same water removal capacity. Just set the window air conditioner entirely within the grow room rather than in a window. Where the water drips out the back place a bucket to collect the water. This time of year it ought to be easy to borrow a window air conditioner or buy a small used one cheaply as the cooling season is pretty much over in most areas of the country.

Next

Return to Indoor Growing

x #{title}

#{text}