CFL closet grow

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

I've set up a 3' by 5' by 5' closet with DWC and about twenty- 23 to 42 watt CFL lights, with a high percentage cool when growing and switch to a high percent warm once in bloom. Heat was a issue with running the usual hps bulbs so after reading a lot of cfl fan forums I thought I'd give me a try. So far I'm amazed. These two I FIM and LST to death for five weeks and these pics are taken a few days ago after the first week of bloom.
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Hey Canadabis East 2 , Interesting set up...I'm kinda partial to CFLs myself, at least for vegging. What style of DWC are you using ? Couldn't really see from your pics, Also I'm curious about the type of nutes you're using. Looking real good so far ...Good Luck.

Regards,
CAD
:reefer
im not as think as you stoned i am

It's just a homemade set up, an 80 litre reservoir, four by three by a foot and a half tall. A large air pump pushing air to two large round diffusers, advanced Sensi grow and bloom and a bit of SM90. The bulbs are just mix and match and whatever was on sale, however there are six that are 42 watt and the side and end ones are either 26 or 23 watt. Probably about 16 bulbs total. My apartment has its own venmar ducting in and out which I borrowed to draw air in from outside as well as blow the stale air out. I run a 175 cfm fan on the exhaust side at half amperage constantly while lights are on and the temp is eighty all day and night, summer was a bit higher when in grow and the room had to draw hot afternoon and evening air in, however fall been a surprise just how much cooler they run then the hps I've always used. I just recently made the top three feet of closet into the new clone and grow chamber so I always have them ready to switch to flower and rotate below when the current blooming crop is done. I just moved three into a mini eight litre reservoir up top tonight so I'm hoping I can turn out a pound every seven or eight weeks. This is my second run in this closet and the first was just bag seed in dirt to see if it was possible before setting up something more permanent. So far so good, I guess time will tell the final yield but over the years you kinda get a feel for how good or bad your crop will be based on root ball and stem size at the base. This is a friends strain, afghani Hawaiian he called it, so he's always been a dirt guy and it's a long winded strain for him however in hydro it went crazy and he is speechless when he saw it the other day. His stock size is 3/8 normally and mine is easy 3/4 " at the end of grow weeks, so I'm hoping it will work better in hydro as I hate dirt, sorry guys if I upset anyone saying that. Well I'll keep yas posted and don't think I'm a tree hugging cfl loving canadian and I'm putting hps down, no where even close, however I can't help but share my grow when I try something that's easier and cheaper and so far from the looks of what I see ,it works better in this situation. Hps and air cooled hoods and big fans are great if you live in your own house and are filling a room, but in a small set up where heat, noise and cost are an issue this is turning out beyond anything I wished for and then some. So hopefully anyone thinking about it and wondering what cfls will do, keep watching and in about four or five more weeks we will all know.

Pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg

Return to Indoor Growing

x #{title}

#{text}