Co2 and Temperature

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

I have a room that is 1440 cubic feet. I am using a C.A.P co2 generator keeping the room constant at 1500ppm and because it produces heat, my temp goes up to about 89-92 degrees. I am currently in veg and I leave the co2 on for 12 hours of my light cycle and turn it off for the other 6 hours which happen to be the hottest part of the day.

The temps in the room are:

85-92 for the first 12 hours when the co2 is on

75-80 for the remaining 6 hours of the light cycle

68-73 during the 6 hours of darkness

My questions are as follows:

1) What temp should the room be when using co2?

2) Is there a problem with running it 12 hours out of the 18 hour veg cycle?

3)Is there any potential problem with my temperatures?

just add alil more ventalation. you should really try to keep temps below 90.

How are they growing??? quickly?? with CO2 injection they should be going crazy. If not the heat maybe slowing growth.

Is a 88 or 89 a really bad temp.? Thats what my small box runs at and the plant doesnt seem to be slowing growth.

Well im in a hot area of Australia, and im setting up my grow room now. I am very concerned about heat! Not sure how hot it can b but i believe low 85 with CO2 is OK. Apparently they can withstand temps a bit hottter when using CO2.

But this is only research i have done for this current grow setup, havent put this into practise yet.

Sawdy wrote:How are they growing??? quickly?? with CO2 injection they should be going crazy. If not the heat maybe slowing growth.

they seem to be growing pretty quickly... I am actually thinking of getting a co2 tank with a regulator as well and then the co2 generator won't have to work as hard. Also if I do that the co2 tank would last a hell of a lot longer.

Your temps should be lower during veg-- then higher (slightly) in flower... 70F-8F is optimim for veg.. and 75-85 is ok for flowering...
You need some ventilation-- an oscillating fan IN the room, a fan that brings IN cool air (at floor level if possible) and a venting fan as high-up as you can-- preferably at light level (in line-- even better!)

CO2 is better at lights-off when you flower-- lower temps are better....

Good Luck!

Lady Zandra wrote:CO2 is better at lights-off when you flower

what she said
"i smoke two joints in time of peace, and two in time of war, i smoke two joints before i smoke two joints, and then i smoke two more"

Plants do not use CO2 when the lights are off (dark) period. This is because CO2 is part of photosynthisis. At least all the grow guides i have read state so, Therefore the co2 only needs to be on when the lights are.

In my setup i plan to have refrig air cond regulating temp am sourcing a portable 1hp now. I will prob spend bout $250 AUS.

I have just ought CO2 injection am not sure at what age i should introduce it tho, i believe it is most effective when in flower.

Return to Indoor Growing

• Mini gen co2 generator
    by IndianaChronic » Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:36 pm
    1 Replies
    Last post
    Sat Apr 13, 2013 3:25 am
  • co2 home brew
    by cmj2626 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:54 am
    3 Replies
    Last post
    Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:18 am
  • Re: co2..Do I need a dehumidifier during lights on???
    by novice-green-thumb » Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:03 pm
    6 Replies
    Last post
    Fri Dec 23, 2011 2:54 am
  • Re: co2 tank
    by novice-green-thumb » Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:07 pm
    7 Replies
    Last post
    Mon Sep 19, 2011 12:03 pm
  • co2
    by adult » Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:42 pm
    3 Replies