halogen lighting?

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

so i know for a fact that halogen is no where near as effivent as hps or mh but right now i cant afford one for about another month... so right now im growing under a two tube 48 inch flouro with three more 24 inch flouro. im growing in my closet in soil about two months old and about 24 inches tall. three plants all female. so i was wanting to know if i can use a 500W halogen work lights in there untill i get my hps? it is bright as fuck... oh and i know that heat is a major factor with halogen but is hps heat worse than halogen heat?

if its not a MH= metal halide or a HPS= high pressure sodium or floros then it cant be used coz the light has the wrong spectrum, a plant need 2 differant colours of spectrum to grow mh = blue spectrum = vegging and HPS = red sprctrum = flowering, but if you cant afford a mh and a hps then get the hps,

a light can be brighter than the sun but wont grow shit if its not the right spectrum...

Mentalbhoy knows his shit. Halogen isn't worth anything to a plant.

halogen bulbs is what i started with on my first grow. Not recomended. Just dont use them.
"Anything is plenty mayne, and is better than nothing at all."
"Love is like the open sea, and I wish you were here with me.... On the beach in Hawaii"

honestly guys i think your full of shit i ve read on numerous websites including http://www.greenmanspage.com that lumens is way more important than spectrum, but they did not deny that spectrum helps... but again numerous times they mentioned that lumen output is more important... and i only plan on using the light as a suplement to my flouros, maybe four- eight hours a day just to give the plants the light intensity.... i tried it on for about 4 hours today and took a temp reading max of 87 F .... in my closet... so i know i could lower this a little but 87F is not a tragedy.... (and after i directed a fan at the light i was hovering around 81-82F) with my flours alone im around 12,000-15,000 lumens for three plants, with the halogen on im at around 26, 000-30, 000 lumes which is a considerable increase!!!! (for $9.98 american at lowe's hardware store right now (500W halogen work light )) so in my amaetuer opinion i think that halogens, if used correctly, can provide a very cheap and easy boost to your plants, although it is still clearly not near as good as an hps/mh... can anyone else give an opinion or advice on halogen lighting???

well you belive that if you wish but a plant will not grow unless it gets either a blue or red spectrum light, and if that guy says other wise then either he's never grown a plant indoors or has grown a very tall, thin and pritty much not worth shit...

Go ahead and fry ya plants! :)

hey mentalboy my halogen light is at 3500K which if im not mistaken (INCLUDES BOTH RED AND BLUE SPECTRUM LIGHT!!!!!) and hey smart ass think about it the light given off of a halogen is nearly white with a slight yellow, orange tint, which means that it would have to give off both red and blue spectrums, as white light (as you probably know lol) is a reflecftion of ALL the colours of the spectrum... remember ROY G. BIV??? therfore your full of shit when you say that halogens wont work because of the spectrum.... copy and paste some proof for me please....

dcw03 wrote:so i know for a fact that halogen is no where near as effivent as hps or mh but right now i cant afford one for about another month... so right now im growing under a two tube 48 inch flouro with three more 24 inch flouro. im growing in my closet in soil about two months old and about 24 inches tall. three plants all female. so i was wanting to know if i can use a 500W halogen work lights in there untill i get my hps? it is bright as fuck... oh and i know that heat is a major factor with halogen but is hps heat worse than halogen heat?

Don't forget that YOU are the one that asked a question. All Mental did was answer it. 8)

yeah ok dude well he shouldnt answer unless his facts are correct

Next

Return to Indoor Growing

x #{title}

#{text}