Happy Frog soil

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

I was wondering if anyone has used fox farms happy frog potting soil and if you had problems with ph being low.
Got a bag to try out and ph is in the low 5 right out of the bag.

I use Happy Frog without issues... the PH of my tap water is on the high end.

I use Happy Frog without issues... the PH of my tap water is on the high end.

[img]http://i1231.photobucket.com/albums/ee512/ElCentroCABoy/100_0136.jpg[/img]

KC-39 at end of grow. Happy Frog soil.

I also use Happy Frog; but sometimes cut 50/50 with PromixHP.. I only do this to be able to feed earlier, but without having to feed from the very beginning... But all in all, Happy Frog is damn good soil.. :wink-big:
O.L. Johnson once said, "It is best to be thought of as a dickhead, than to speak up and remove all doubt."

Hey Pickin Buds, Happy Frog is used by some here, I used Ocean Forest this first grow (the Fox Farms products are all top notch stuff) I will probably do a mix of Ocean Forest/Happy Frog next time, as HF has the micohrizzzilliyitch, whatever that beneficial thingy is in it for the soil, is not in the Ocean Forest. Don't think you could go wrong using it.

Good Luck,

CC

Almost ANY highly nutrient-dense soil (as opposed to inert mediums) will change the pH-- that is why you MUST test the pH of your runoff when watering, and adjust the pH of your water to keep it under control.

Also-- those soils need something mixed in, vermiculite or pearlite, coco/coir etc... to fluff it up- otherwise they will be really dense and hard for the small hair-roots to penetrate... and hardens like cement when the top 2 inches dry out-- which is what ya are supposed to do-- wait till the top 2 inches dry then water deep enough for runoff.... and test it!
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Thank you every one for the replys. I think i got the situation under control the ph seems to be slowly comin up. Thanks again

Return to Indoor Growing

• happy thanksgiving to all
    by pleasant smoke » Mon Nov 22, 2010 3:09 pm
    5 Replies
    Last post
    Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:29 pm
  • happy new years pics
    Attachment(s) by hungover » Sun Jan 01, 2006 12:26 am
    5 Replies
    Last post
    Mon Jan 02, 2006 12:58 am
x #{title}