Re: Leaves turning brown at tip need help!!!!!!

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

I have seen a lot of different things that can go wrong with a plant but this one has me stumped. Water and feed once every 7 days and the very tip of the leaves are turning a little brown and curling upward. I'm thinking one of two things; Would a bad infestation of mites cause this or the other is my room is getting down below 50 degrees at night. Could they be getting to cold?????

I know that a picture is necessary but I cannot get my camera to switch to micro so I can get a close up of them. it's only about a 16th of an inch which is just the very tip top of the leaf and nothing else appears to be wrong with the leaves or growth!

Any suggestions and/or comments would be appreciated!

Peace :reefer
Porters Indoor Purple Kush 4000 watt
porter-s-indoor-purple-kush-4000-watt-t41113.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Porters Brazilian Octagon SCRog
porter-s-brazilian-octagon-scrog-t40554.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

NO PEACE NO LOVE, KNOW PEACE KNOW LOVE

Hi there fella, i think i have had the same problem as your self from what you said'
I'm new to growing, and yes u guessed right its also my very frist crop. when the same thing as your's done with the tips, on my plant the leafs ended up with hole's in them and you could see that it was killing the 2 bottum leafs which i cut of coz they were just gone'
Now im not saying the same thing will 100% happen to your's as it did mine but you never know.
At the moment there's afew leafs which are coming out in the same colour as the tips went' the only reson im saying all this is because mine was getting colder in the night time coz i didnt have my set up sortted, so coz you said that you thought it was going colder, i thought i'd mention just incase there was some kind of connetion.
Anyway i hope you sort whatever it is out so the crop come's in :Yum
best regards fella

scunkworm wrote:Hi there fella, i think i have had the same problem as your self from what you said'
I'm new to growing, and yes u guessed right its also my very frist crop. when the same thing as your's done with the tips, on my plant the leafs ended up with hole's in them and you could see that it was killing the 2 bottum leafs which i cut of coz they were just gone'
Now im not saying the same thing will 100% happen to your's as it did mine but you never know.
At the moment there's afew leafs which are coming out in the same colour as the tips went' the only reson im saying all this is because mine was getting colder in the night time coz i didnt have my set up sortted, so coz you said that you thought it was going colder, i thought i'd mention just incase there was some kind of connetion.
Anyway i hope you sort whatever it is out so the crop come's in :Yum
best regards fella

Well look at that, a brand new planet skunker! Welcome my friend! I knew it was a loaded question without a pic but thought someone might have some insight to it getting too cold because none of the other leaf or bud matter seems to be affected. I will just keep an eye on her as she is getting fed the exact same regiment as the last 3 grows!!!!!

porter-s-indoor-purple-kush-4000-watt-t41113.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

porter-s-brazilian-octagon-scrog-t40554.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

its not spider mites, if it was sm ur leaves would be yellow polka dots all over em.
r u in soil or hydro, i dont remember right now sorry.
cold temps could be possible due to the fact that it can slow the metabolism resulting in less nutrient uptake? or more idk. well plants thats live thru the winter by hibernating would prob take up more in order to store it for when they unfreeze and cant get wat they need to the ground being froze or to cold to get nutes. seeing as mj is a plant it would react the same even tho it wouldnt make it. its in the genes. my tomatoes did something similar this year. hope this helps. it may still be something different.

toker wrote:its not spider mites, if it was sm ur leaves would be yellow polka dots all over em.
r u in soil or hydro, i dont remember right now sorry.
cold temps could be possible due to the fact that it can slow the metabolism resulting in less nutrient uptake? or more idk. well plants thats live thru the winter by hibernating would prob take up more in order to store it for when they unfreeze and cant get wat they need to the ground being froze or to cold to get nutes. seeing as mj is a plant it would react the same even tho it wouldnt make it. its in the genes. my tomatoes did something similar this year. hope this helps. it may still be something different.

Bro, thanks for the response. I had the biggest infestation I have ever seen. It's my brother and my hobbie and he could not see the mites due to the initial infestation and the damage that was already done. So when we found out they were back and building up an immunity to anything I can buy here in the states so I bought that new product and they have been dead dead dead since day 1 of flower. Thank You Aussies! Love your product! So either the mites damage on the leaves during that final stretch before they buttoned is a possible cause or if the darn temps are getting to cold. 45-50 degrees at night........... Buds look wonderful and they are free of the little buggers (Thank God) and let me tell you, google Brasil x KC Seeds and you will see a pic of what I have growing. Let me see if I can find one!!!!!!!

porter is it only browning about a 1/8 of a inch to 1/4 of a inch at just the tip or do you have a little discoloration in between the leaves "lighter green" not yellow but lighter then the veins ? i might have the answer for u but different things can cause that but it really sounds like a magnesium or zinc deficiency. its a common problem especially if your ph is below 7 in soil as long as the room is not hitting 40f to 32f
at night you should be fine but below 50f will slow growth for awhile but not cause that. i know some growers who keep there rooms about 50 to increase thc but they lack in yield because of slow growth so if your going for a "cash crop" you better get those temps up
THE HOG GROWN UNDER MY OLD ACCOUNT the-hog-grow-update-final-week-4-19-08-t30912.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I have been having similar problems, I had spider mites bad and just neem oiled the crap out of everything and now they are mostly gone but the plants don't look healthy at all...plus they seeded so I may just start over with my veg plants cuz this run was a bust except for seeds...

Before mites would cause that type of damage-- you'd see white spotting and webbing on the leaves and tops...

Sounds like you haven't flushed in a while, and that either your nutes are to high in "N", the pH is off, or your' just feeding too much...

Do you check the pH of the nute solution before watering?
Does the soil get dry between feeding?

Flush well with tap water-- then at the end, pour in a quart or more of pH adjusted nutes at 1/3 rate... do not feed or water again until the top 2 inches dry out... then feed at a lower level than before.

Didn't say what nutes or how much-- we need to know to help ya-- BUT: The chart below could help ;)

NUTES and FEEDING CHART: nutes-what-to-use-and-how-to-use-em-t14033.html" "
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Thanks Lady Z and everyone for the input. I have to bee real honest, I never changed anything and let them finish out. I did battle mites all the way to the end, the girls came out real nice, all things considered. Lady Z, check out my first SCRog!! Drake saw it but I never saw you peek in. Hope you are feeling well and that 2011 will be better than last year :-D

Return to Indoor Growing

• re:Tips dying!!
    by sham » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:45 pm
    1 Replies
    Last post
    Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:09 am
x #{title}

#{text}