seeds vs clones

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

I recenlty saw my buddies grow project that he started using clones. My past grows were all started from seed. My plants looked bigger with bigger buds. His is a lot more smaller buds, is that because they are all cuttings?

so many different things effect the size of the plants and there growth.

Do you guys grow the same strain?
same lights?
same grow medium?
same air exchange?
same nutes?

etc...

A clone is a.. well clone of the plant it was cut from, not a copy.. a clone. It has the same genetic make up that it's mother does.

Seeds can have more vigour than clones. But seeds are a pain in the ass. Clones are the way to go. But NO you wont get bigger flowers with seeds vs clones. But they might grow abit faster so be more mature.

I completely disagree farka (no disrespect). I have done both, and seeds definitely yielded more for me. How are they a pain in the ass? You just start more than you'll need and pick out the males if you have any.

I also think the stems are more structurally sound on seeds more than clones enabling it to hold more weight. JMO though.
"It just doesn't seem to make any sense to have so many people smoking and praising this weird little weed marijuana, and it makes even less sense to see these people attacked so visciously by the purveyors of law and order Marijuana Revolution by John Sinclair, July 1971.

grows from seed will have more roots. you must veg clones longer to get equal yields.
Grow it, smoke it!

same mate, done both for years.
What shits me is when like myself I only now days have a small personal grow (actually not growing atm as setting up room again)
is having to go through the selction stage. of growing the plants to be mature enough to sex then switching, to sex themj, and then mucking around revegging the plant, then ...................................you get the drift.

Clones ya know are female, and ya know they are good cause the mother was. cause you only keep good plants for mothers.

So ya reakon more buds on seed plants, I dont agree. But maybe thats just from what I have seen. Ive mainly always used clones unless I want to change strains. That way I know what im growing is female. If that cost me abit of bud well thats a risk im willing to take.

you must veg clones longer to get equal yields.

I dont agree with that either, cause by the time the seed has germinated, then grown the clones would be in their 4th or 5th week of veg and ready to switch to flowering.
Cause you can grow straight away without having to germinate seeds, and you dont have to remove weak or male plants.

One thing I noticed about the clones I have done in the past is that I never really got those huge fan leaves, and never got those huge colas. But like mentioned above, I probably needed to veg is longer.

It still takes a couple weeks for me in soil to let the clone re-root (I do my own) before I can switch them to bigger pots for flowering.

I don't re-veg them, if you have a stable enough strain they will sex on their own around the 5th week, then they go in to flower, pretty simple if you ask me (but you didnt :) ).
"It just doesn't seem to make any sense to have so many people smoking and praising this weird little weed marijuana, and it makes even less sense to see these people attacked so visciously by the purveyors of law and order Marijuana Revolution by John Sinclair, July 1971.

We've grown more than 60 strains, from seed and clones---
I prefer seed plants for Mom's-- and clones for the grow---
WHY??

#1-- I KNOW the clones are female
#2--by the time I do a whole grow from clone- I know how that strain behaves and it's needs
#3-- Seed plants take longer to bloom and stretch more when put into 12/12-- you have less control of their size or the harvest date.

I only see a decline in performance of clones if they are 3rd-4th generation (clone of a clone of a clone of a clone....) as opposed to a clone from a Seed Mom or her 1st daughter.
JMO
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

well since we are on the subject, do u guys think that air layering (making a clone while its still on the mother then take ur cut after its rooted) would reduce the veg time on em. possibly making for a stronger clone as it should have less stress to it.

Next

Return to Indoor Growing

x #{title}

#{text}