Water Temp. for Hydro Reservoir??

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

what happens when the water in your res. is too cold? Does this affect growth? Is it necessary to invest in a water heater?

iv ask'd this Q be four and got no reply lloll

i have read, very recently, either on this site or similar that the optimum water temp for a hydro res is 58dg f

wish i knew where i had actually read it so that i could link it for you,
the lowest setting on my heater is 60dg f and my gals are thrivin,
I`m a real big gun, of small calibre and immense bore.

how cold R we talking? The res should be in the low 60's even 58 is ok ( I think thats what the urban grower uses) Don't go above 70 degrees IMO bacteria can grow after 75 i belive. ( of course, time duration involved).More O2 is avalible also in cooler H2O.

I wouldn't go any lower than 58. maybe 56
If my penis is 12" long. Is it a Foot?

My bible "Intergral Hydroponics" by G Low states root zone temps should be 23-24 celcius. I have gone a fair bit hotter in the past and still go a little over on occasions. As for what is too cold, I live in the wrong part of the world to offer advice.

i live in lreland the water is cold ,but when i add 2 litres to my system every 2 days its cold but soon heats up when i check the plant a couple of hours later,
the lights heat the water after a whiles so it wouldnt stay really cold for long.

Ok 2dogs thats a pretty good book, alittle thin but some good info, But them temps R much to high. A few books I have tends to have a different view. The temp range is between 60-75 degrees. The O2 content of a fully aerated solution @ 10C (50) is about 13ppm, as the solution warms up to 20C (68F) theability for the liquid to hold oxygen drops to 9-10 ppm, by the time the solution reaches 30C (86F) then its only 7 ppm.After 72 degrees fusarium and/or pythium can gain a foothold and cause all kind of problems. Just my opinion

Res temps are for 2 things. Keeping your plants roots from rotting, and keeping algae blooms down.

Temps from 65f to 75f are good. Cold water makes the plant grow slower, warm water kills the roots.

Cold water contains far more oxygen.

In a flood and drain system you can get away with higher temps as long as it doesn't slime up since the roots dry out in between waterings.

LOL

Again don't belive me search the urban growers video tape.

Ripe4aPipe wrote:i have read, very recently, either on this site or similar that the optimum water temp for a hydro res is 58dg f

wish i knew where i had actually read it so that i could link it for you,
the lowest setting on my heater is 60dg f and my gals are thrivin,

Urban grower? on utube said the same thing, 58* was optimal

Next

Return to Indoor Growing

x #{title}

#{text}