when to add nutrients in hydro?

How to grow indoor marijuana, Hydroponic marijuana growing systems. Grow lights, Rockwool systems, DWC, NFT, Aeroponics, Organic etc

i am growing in a 10 gallon container changing water every 2 weeks. the PH of the water slowly rises everyday. so every other day i adjust it to keep it at a good ph level.

Why does the ph rise?

Of course when i change my water i put the nutrients in it. but do the plants take up the nutrients, therefor not having any left in the second week? should i be adding more nutrients? say i change water on week 1, week 2 i add more nutrients and start of week 3 i change water again and start over.

this is my first hydro, please tell me if i am wrong.

i have not been doing this, i have just been adding nutrients when i change the water and keeping the ph down. but i am curious if the plants are taking up all the nutrients leaving nothing left for the second week.

Also, what is the ideal PH level, and ideal temperature for the water.

o btw it is a bubbler system.
I smoke two joints, before i smoke two joints, than i smoke two more!!

<br>

cannabis27904.html

start out with your PH at about 5.6 this gives you some room to rise...the ideal range is 5.7 to 6.4... and you only need to add nuets when your adding your water...

just make sure you have enough airstones in those containers...

I am using a 60Gallon air pump, for only (2) 10 gallon containers. each have a 5 in air stone placed right in the middle.

<br>

cannabis27904.html

so should i be adding more nutrients or should i only add nutrients when i change the water

<br>

cannabis27904.html

if your water gets low and you need to add more, add the right amount of nuets for the amount of water you add otherwise just add it when you change your water...

no need to just add nuets between water changes...to much nuets can be a bad thing...

when you switch to flowering it will be taking up a bunch of water+nuets so you may not be able to make it to the next chage without adding more water+nuets mid way thru... for these inbetween feedings i go half strength on the nuets but im sure everyone has there own method

i had to add about a gallon every 2 days...

for every res i have to grow i have a backup, so at change time i prepare my backup and just pop the top on it, and clean other res for next switch.. makes it alot easier and quicker...

OK for starters PH rises because your plants are sucking up the water and the nutes in the water for food. Your ph will rise as your water level goes down. Plants don't take up nutes like water(I know it sounds funny). It takes up the nutes in the water and separates them once consumed. I got a 10 gallon resivour and change the water every week. I recommend the same. I don't mind mixing the nutes weekly because I know what they're getting the second I make it. I like burntones back up system as long as you check the ph and ppm before you make the switch. PH is touchy and can change for other reasons that have been stated before. High humidity affects PH and so on and so on. ONLY top off with water not nutes. Its ok if your PPM go down because it is easier to give it more food the next week when you change the solution. A plant recovers faster from a lack of food rather than too much food which can fry it.
Greenery is Alwayz Krispy!

awesome thanks guys

<br>

cannabis27904.html

Return to Indoor Growing

x #{title}

#{text}