White Hairs

Outdoor marijuana growing. How to grow high grade marijuana in the great outdoors.

im going into my 4th week into flowering and all the white hairs on top have partially turned orange/red on the top wen will i kno its ready for harvest?

I know I'll probally get critized for saying this but if you dont have a jeweler's loupe harvest from early to mid October. Hairs have little to do with determining ripeness. Zigzag.

Forgot to add, this is pertaining to the northern hemisphere.

Hi Zigzag, you could always just break some off and try it to see the effects, but at 4 weeks, i cant imagine it being ready. :grin:
Be who you are and say what you feel, and those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.

I know you must be joking I told him not 4 weeks but my method of harvest only lol.
greenthumbs wrote:Hi Zigzag, you could always just break some off and try it to see the effects, but at 4 weeks, i cant imagine it being ready. :grin:

what strain is it? Has it been sprayed with anything? has there been a lot of heat?

Orange hairs usually mean nothing-- many strains have orange hairs well before harvest.. and sprays, heat, stress etc... can cause them to turn too...

just watch the # of actual flowering days according to the strains needs, and start checking the trichome crystals a few days ahead of time.... them emergency flush em!

Emergency Flush for Harvest
emergency-flushing-for-harvest-t21899.html" "

Harvesting, drying & curing
harvesting-drying-curing-101-t29259.html" "
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Going by the hairs is misleading bigb, here's a shot of two females at 7weeks. Both these had brown hairs at 5 weeks and then they turned various shades until now. The only way I can tell by hairs is (1)when the white hairs on females are a sign of mating time for my males, haha. I dont need seeds for a couple of years and I have a sensi crop this year.
Attachments
P9200011.JPG

Return to Outdoor Growing

• Outdoor grow white skunk and Euphoria
    Attachment(s) by jimmyjames » Sat Feb 26, 2011 9:49 am
    8 Replies
    Last post
    Sun Mar 13, 2011 10:47 am
  • white skunk
    by blackhole » Thu Oct 18, 2007 4:43 pm
    3 Replies
    Last post