Re: AK47 Grow - Week 5 of flowering

Marijuana Pictures. Show us your buds!

Well hellooooo fellow planet skunkers!!

I have been an active member for the past few years, and have let some of my friends read about my old grows, as I was going to stop doing it, but alas, I am back at it again, so I have changed names to protect my identity.

So the past is the past, and this is the present and future. Welcome to the log. All photo's taken so far are on a camera phone, I will get a better camera when it get's further into the grow.

I just wanted to say a quick thank you to Planet Skunk for maintaining these forums so we all have a place to exchange knowledge. Also I want to say a quick hello to Veggie who through his posts has given me all the information I have ever needed! Lady Z if your still around, you dont remember me, but I remember you. Brainfog still around? What about Clover? Last but not least Redhair420? All friends of the past.

Now onto the current setup...

Going to be a 2 cabinet grow for perpetual harvest. AK47 is the first strain I am growing, currently 4 plants going in the veg chamber now. Just scored the Northern Lights I have been waiting for, currently 2 seeds popping, just started those yesterday. AK47 seeds were put in the container to spout on Oct 25th. Northern Lights on November 13th.

Veg chamber is done as of now. Been working on it for 2 weeks heavily. I cant believe the changes since I thought it was done versus now. It has a light tight door on it and the inside is done with emergency blanket for the reflective surface. The veg chamber is using 4 x 42 watt 6500k and 2 x 23 watt 6500k CFL's that are only 2 inches from the tops of the plants at all times. 2 120mm computer fans running off a 12 volt AC Adapter with a voltage regulator on it that goes from 3 volts, 4.5 volts, 6 volts, 7.5 volts, 9 volts and 12 volts. Because of this I can adjust the fan speed for the intake of the colder air at the bottom of the chamber. If it get's too hot, I turn up the voltage. 12 volts keeps the chamber at 76 degrees which is perfect, so I rarely have to change it. Some days the basement is colder than others, so I do adjust it from time to time. If I had only known this a week ago...

As this is my first indoor grow, I thought the veg chamber would be the easy part, but it was far from that. It was easy to frame and put up, but the temperature was the hard part to stabilize for me. I had a constant battle to maintain temps under 90 degrees, and I knew this had to be fixed. A week into it I had setup a semi elaborate setup consisting of 8 fans in total. Here's a pic of it:

p_00012 (2).jpg

As you can see there are 3 computer fans pulling the hot air away from the lights, the desk fans, and the 2 computer fans at close to the bottom of the chamber. If you look closely, because I didn't pre-plan the holes at the bottom for the fresh air to come in, I had to drill holes in it because there was not enough clearance to the wall to use a saw. I wasn't taking it down at that point. I had to use a computer power supply to run all the fans. It got out of control with noise, and something had to be done as it was loosing it's stealth. Very noisy and running 85.1 degrees, totally unacceptable.

So I kept drilling and drilling holes in the bottom until it was 2 big holes and set the computer fans back in place. Now the airflow was not restricted because of the holes behind the fans. Voila. Temperature under control. Furthermore, I was able to remove the power supply unit from the box along with 4 fans. The box is now virtually silent, and runs a 76 degree temperature. Here's a pic of that:

15.jpg

Now the way I had the lights setup was always bothering me, so after the temperature was fixed, it was time to make good use of the available light.

I took a desktop computer case cover (the actual older desktop style that the monitor sat right on top of) and covered it in emergency blanket. I mounted the fans onto it using a wooden frame that was secured to the computer case itself. Here is the result:

p_00010 (2).jpg

So the goal here is to have 1 AK47 and 1 NL mother in the veg chamber with 9 clones. The mother's will be kept in soil, and the clones will be put in Oasis Foam under a humidity dome. Currently there are 4 AK47's in their 2nd week of veg. Just got 1/4 strength veg nutes yesterday for a little boost. Here they are (girls hopefully):

p_00015.jpg

p_00014.jpg

The flowering cabinet is still under construction, only the frame setup currently. I am also still ordering parts for it. I will keep everyone posted on it's status. So that's about it so far. Any comments or suggestions welcome as always!!
Current grow: ak47-grow-week-9-start-of-harvest-t38253.html

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Patrick Jake 'P.J.' O'Rourke

veary nice homie gonna sit aorund and watch this unfold i like the ak strains just got sunm ak 48 fri
''over grow the goverment"
------detroit----go blue------

us_army_hydro wrote:veary nice homie gonna sit aorund and watch this unfold i like the ak strains just got sunm ak 48 fri

Awesome, AK48 must be good. I just started hearing about it. Please let me know how yours turns out, I may give it a try next grow.

I have only ever grown bagseed in the past, so this AK47 might be a treat.

1 of the Northern Lights popped, waiting on the other.

Peace

No drug, not even alcohol, causes the fundamental ills of society. If we're looking for the source of our troubles, we shouldn't test people for drugs, we should test them for stupidity, ignorance, greed and love of power.

Nice set up! gotta love the 47..I know I do, I know sometimes it's hard to trust, but glad your back whoever you are :reefer
It amazes me how so much ignorance can be expressed with so much confidence.

Thanks Draig and veggie!

I sent you a PM veggie :Yum

Just finished frameing the flowering chamber. Dimensions are H - 77 inches D - 35 inches W - 50 inches -- It's HUGE. Much smaller on paper.

Here's the frame:

p_00015 (2).jpg

p_00016.jpg

p_00017.jpg

I have decided on a DWC Hydro flowering chamber. I am going to put 2 tubs side by side and flower 9 plants in the chamber at a time.

I have been working on my shopping list, damn this stuff get's EXPENSIVE. Little here, little there, and im into it for hundreds and hundreds and I have not got my HPS, inline fan or carbon scrubber as of yet. Here's how it's shaping up:

p_00008 (3).jpg

None of the Northern Lights have popped yet, no updates there. Here's a sneak of the potential ladies, will do a full update on them on thursday:

p_00010 (3).jpg

Again, any comments suggestions welcome!

'gotta' try some AK47 inspiredbyveggie...myself sometime...i only have some freebie AK47xkalimist beans right now n those'll be tried bfore i get any straight AK47...
they's lookin' good in there...keep it Up...d :Yum
btw, NL,...mmm... :grin:
Ready on the right-ready on the left-ready on the firing line!

what kind of lighting set up u gunna be running in ur flower box?looken nice ladys look luch n full
''over grow the goverment"
------detroit----go blue------

us_army_hydro wrote:what kind of lighting set up u gunna be running in ur flower box?looken nice ladys look luch n full

Thanks very much! They do love it in there, the conditions are just right.

Was going to go with a 400 watt HPS with a cooled reflector and CFL side lighting. Still considering the 250 watt HPS but I want to make sure I get the most out of everything.

draino wrote:'gotta' try some AK47 inspiredbyveggie...myself sometime...i only have some freebie AK47xkalimist beans right now n those'll be tried bfore i get any straight AK47...
they's lookin' good in there...keep it Up...d :Yum
btw, NL,...mmm... :grin:

Thanks draino! maybe if things get funkey i'll end up with some AK47xNL - veggie told me on one of my previous grows that I could save the pollen sacs from a male in the freezer for up to 6 months.

Start of week 3!

Here's a few pics of the potential girls at the start of week 3. They are loving the conditions, I notice the growth every day now.

p_00010.jpg

p_00011.jpg

p_00009.jpg

Now here's my question...

The dimensions of the veg chamber are W-30 inch H-35 inch and D - 15 inches. I think this is not going to be big enough to hold 2 mothers (potentially) and up to 9 clones for up to 3 weeks. Those 9 clones are going to get big, and I may need room for more.

I have some room under the current veg chamber as shown in this pic:

p_00013.jpg

Should I build the bottom of it into another cabinet for just the 2 mothers?? Then I was thinking of building a bubble cloner in the top part where the 4 plants currenty are...

I think this will give me WAY more options and allow me to have a smoother perpetual harvest.

Can anyone confirm if the top cabinet will have enough space? Or am I better off just doing it and enjoying the free room?

Next

Return to Pictures of Marijuana Plants & Grow Setups

x #{title}

#{text}