Are You Having Problems Cloning?????

Help for sick or damaged marijuana plants. Marijuana growing pests, diseases, nutrient problems.

Seems a lot of folks are having issues cloning lately....
IMO- some strains are just not genetically predisposed to cloning.... no matter how great the grow/Mom/Smoke-- they just DO NOT want to clone.

I also think some nutrients used in vegging the Mom may also inhibit rooting...

so unless you change how you grow/feed the mom, you may have trouble.

HOWEVER - some strains will clone at the drop of a hat! I have had some strains so powerful that I had cut off lower branches and stuck all of them in a bubbler-bucket just to pre-sex them, and they rooted!!

IF you are having trouble getting clones to root-- ESPECIALLY in hydro cloners (there is an issue there-- PM me!) or in soil---
Try This:

Use "Rapid Rooters", Rock-wool or "Root Riots" for best results.
Use a NEW matchstick or toothpick to ensure the hole in the center is open... and soak them for 2-3 hours in pH adjusted water (at 6.2-6.5--like soil).
Add a rooting solution such as KLN or Olivia's if you wish.. before you adjust the pH.

When you take your cuttings- be sure the stem is thick and strong-- a stem that is weak and flimsy will not do well and is more likely to get rot. Have a jar or glass of pH adjusted water WITH YOU when you take your cuttings, and submerge the cut end as soon as you cut it from the Mother Plant!

Be sure each clone has a stem at least 3" long with at least one node that will be inside the grow medium...that is where the roots start.

Cut the end at a 40-degree angle and dip in cloning gel before inserting into the VERY WET rooting medium.

Set the rooting cubes in a shallow waterproof dish with about 1/4 inch of solution in the bottom... this keeps them damp at all times.

If you HAVE one-- add an airstone (attached to an air-pump) to the dish with enough of your pH adjusted solution to cover the stone... this aerated solution will speed your cloning!

IF you have a clear dome use it! (even a large clear glass bowl that covers your plants without touching will work!)

Put a 100w CFL above the cuttings for light.... they don't HAVE to have that much- but we've found they do better with more light.

Change the solution every 5 days...every 2 if not using an airstone.

Make sure your area is about 70f (room temp)... not too hot (or the stems cook) and not TOO cold or they won't root. But do NOT use a rooting mat-- those are for seeds only!

Some cuttings tend to droop for a couple days no matter what method you use... but if wilted- throw them out! NEVER leave a sick clone in with the healthy ones!

You should see roots in a couple weeks!!
:-D
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

I am cloning in soil, so just to clarify, you can give the clones the same nutes you are feeding the mother??
All posts and pics are completely fictitious. I found all pics on the internet and lied about my stories on here because I have no friends and want to sound cool.

One more thing, if I am taking cuts from a plant recovering from an infestation of spider mites, should I dunk the cuts in a bug killer just after I make the cut, then immediately put in my medium?
All posts and pics are completely fictitious. I found all pics on the internet and lied about my stories on here because I have no friends and want to sound cool.

u will kill em.
treat the mom then take ur cuts.
if u treat and cut, the cutting will absorb the poison, and since there is no where else to get good food and energy from (cause there is no roots) it will die.
treat well, give a couple days, cut, put under a humiity dome. give 2 more weeks then treat again once a week there after til infestation is gone. after 2 weeks the clones should have rooted and be strong enough to dose as well
u can feed the same as mommy but at like quarter strength

I am cloning in soil, so just to clarify, you can give the clones the same nutes you are feeding the mother??

NO! You do NOT feed cuttings/clones until they are well rooted and PLANTED! then you use the same nutes-- but at a lower level-- thay ARE tha same age- but are more fragile--- start at about week 2 or 3 of veg on your nute chart.

One more thing, if I am taking cuts from a plant recovering from an infestation of spider mites, should I dunk the cuts in a bug killer just after I make the cut, then immediately put in my medium?

NEVER TAKE CLONES FROM A SICK OR INFESTED PLANT!
The Mother is under stress- making her and her cutting weak.. they are not likely to root, and will most likely die within a few days of cutting them.
Wait until the mom is healthy-- then take your clones!
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

i agree with toker and LZ, healthy mothers make healthy babies, feed the mother then wait till the next day once she has absorbed some nutes and then take ur cuttings, that way there will be enuf food supply in the foliage to last until the next time ur cuttings can eat again. If u must take clones from a infested mother like i have before, wait until they are rooted then just before u go to transplant them into a bigger pot or bed or w.e u are doing with them turn the clone upside down and dip into a bug killing solution, DO NOT DIP THE ROOTS OR PUCK OR WOOL in the solution!!! stop a few cm from base. well just my own methods take it or leave it.
I SLeeP WitH mY eYeS oPeN, ThAt WaY i CaN WaTcH oUt FoR HaTeRs

Return to Plant Doctor

x #{title}

#{text}