Leaves curling on sides and ends, very dark green

Help for sick or damaged marijuana plants. Marijuana growing pests, diseases, nutrient problems.

Leaves curling on sides and ends, very dark green, but just on upper half of plants
DG looks the worse,
Zone effected slightly,
WR not bothered at all

Hydrotron
week 3 flower (wk 7 FF schedule) w/Beastie Bloom this week.
watering 5 X a day, 15 min
4 x 400w
res change last Thursday, was showing signs then
ph 5.9
ec 1900
water temp 71f
air temp 80-95, lots of fans

Come on guys, let's figure this one out.

Deficiency or Temps?
Attachments
HG08 029.jpg
"If I had known I was going to Live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!"

"Mean People Suck"

I do not grow marijuana or partake in any illegal activities. All of my posts on this forum are complete fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.

Hey Sparkie,

It's hard to tell anything from that picture because of the HPS lighting. Can you take a picture of them with the lights of using flash from your camera for light?

The PPM is pretty high at 1900 but some strains can handle it. Have you grown these strains with that high of PPM before?

Did you change anything at all from the last time you grew using the same nutes? If so what is different with your program this time?

Cheers

Yea, This is first grow with R/O, but that has really stabilized my ph, and I added an additional air pump and stone. I'll get a picture when lights go off, tomorrow. Thanks NWS
"If I had known I was going to Live this long, I would have taken better care of myself!"

"Mean People Suck"

I do not grow marijuana or partake in any illegal activities. All of my posts on this forum are complete fiction and are for entertainment purposes only.

Hey Sparks- I'm a soil girl but I do use FF nutes...Grow Big, Open Sesame, Cha Ching & esp the Beastie Bloom. Sometimes I notice just at the start of nute burn the leaves curling a bit like yours...I'd cut back on the nutes for a week & just use water with Superthrive they would bounce back. Then I would gradually start nuting again very weak strength tho. I've noticed some strains are more sensitive to the FF nutes and have to really decrease the recommended strengths... Good luck to ya Sparks!

Life is a garden..... SMOKE IT
LEGALIZE IT- USA!!!!

As requested, flash photos
ec 1550 now
ph 6.1
next res change Saturday
Attachments
HG08 033.jpg
DG & WR
HG08 032.jpg
ECZ
HG08 031.jpg
ECZ

"Mean People Suck"

Hey Sparkie,

The top two photo's are a different problem than the last photo for sure. The top two pics look to me to be getting nitrogen deficient because of the lower yellow leaves and darker green upper leaves, but this look can mirror an overwatering problem.

The claw look to the leaves and yellowing can also be a sign of overwatering, and you're doing hydro so I'm not sure how that works with overwatering but I know it's possible from reading about this problem on the net before. It may have something to do with the roots not getting enough oxygen. I've seen on the net before growers trying to fix the problem by using h2o2. You may want to investigate that part.

The plants in the bottom photo look to me to be getting the classic over nutrient burnt leaf look. Backing off on the nutes after a flush will fix that right up.

Check out these two links:
http://www.greenmanspage.com/guides/plant_abuse.html
http://www.drugs-forum.com/growfaq/1382.htm

They show and explain these problems really well.

Diagnosing someone elses plants is really tough without being there to know exactly what's been going on but hopefully I may have given you some food for thought anyway.

Cheers and good luck.

:reefer

Thanks NWS, I'm going to go ahead and dump res, I'm filling another one now, going to flush couple times and move on to week 4 nutes, but a little weaker, ec 1500 and ease it up as they look better.

It's a no win situation getting more oxygen to roots. I'm sure the high air temps are warming the water standing in the bottom of the buckets waiting for next feeding. Feed more often, they get cooler, fresher water and oxygen. Feed less as to not overwater? LOL I'm thinking about insulating the buckets too.

Air temps are the main problem, so I guess I'll go get a window unit to assist central air. I just added more insulation the room in the attic and floor.

"Mean People Suck"

If you place the buckets on a 2x8 board it will make it so there is only about 1/2" of water in the bottom. I even went one step further and got door shims from lowes and shimmed the buckets with a angle towards the drain on the bottom. I only have about 1/8" to 1/16" of water in the bottom of mine now.

I was reading your mind, just came on here to say I was going to raise buckets.....Thanks, the door shims are appealing too. Also I was thinking of wrapping insulation around buckets. I've seen that here somewhere. I'll try to use Velcro for attaching, don't want to use glue.

I still don't see any change since reservoir change.

But the White Russian is a prize strain, they show NO signs of stress at all.

REMINDER TO SELF: MUST CLONE WHITE RUSSIAN!

"Mean People Suck"

I have 3 control buckets. I checked the others and they all are at different levels! My oldest bucket has the lowest floats.
Found in Lowes....
I can use a 3 gal bucket from lowes and put floats lower. I'll just switch all parts over. This should work. I need to find distributor for these parts, floats.

"Mean People Suck"

Return to Plant Doctor

x #{title}

#{text}