Re: Purple Spots?

Help for sick or damaged marijuana plants. Marijuana growing pests, diseases, nutrient problems.

My mother plant has started to look kind of strange. Over the last few weeks it has been changing from the typical healthy green color to a lighter green color with each passing week. At this point the entire plant has turned very light green almost yellow. About 10% of her leaves have also developed purple spots over the last few days. Other than the color she looks healthy. Any ideas????
Legal and Loving It!!!

How old is the mother plant and is she in flower.

Olderplants roots are better fed with foliar feedings because the roots slowly loose the ability to absorb nutrients.

Also could be Nute-lock up or an long off balance PH.

The purpling could be caused by lower temps at night.

Check the "marijuana defiencies" on google or wait for a mod to help you out.
The Government says the Chicago Outfit is Evil. Gambling, Loan Sharking, and Drugs, this is all a choice that we make or avoid, they just supply the demand

chicago-s-late-outdoor-grow-pics-t40142.html

She is only about 3 months old, and has always been in veg (never flowered). Temps are always in the 70's. I know she needs a transpalnt into a bigger bucket, right now she is in a 3 gallon but i plan to put her in a 5 gallon very soon and then flower her.

Any other ideas????
Legal and Loving It!!!

Yeah, whatcha feeding it? Could be it could be getting to much nitrogen.
It amazes me how so much ignorance can be expressed with so much confidence.

Sounds either Starved, or Locked-up from over-feeding (they both look almost the same)

Go to the link below to see what matches it best---
but also-- let us know what , how much and how often you feed her!
:-D
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

The nutes are Technaflora veg stage. Its a combo of BC Boost, BC Grow, Thrive Alive, MagiCal and SugarDaddy. I feed her 50% strength about once a week, she is also in Happy Frog soil that is no more than 2 months old.
Legal and Loving It!!!

Plants could be rootbound try to transplant into a larger pot.
If you are scared to pull the plant out of the pot then just cut off the bottom of the current pot and set it into a 5-gal. bucket full of soil or something. (make sure the current pot goes into the 5-gal bucket so it cant tip over and cause major damage though)

Rootbound will cause yellowing of leaves and will kill the bottom leaves and work its way up but im sure you have time. Also let us know what the PH of the soil is and maby give it a flush if you havent already.
:slapper
The Government says the Chicago Outfit is Evil. Gambling, Loan Sharking, and Drugs, this is all a choice that we make or avoid, they just supply the demand

chicago-s-late-outdoor-grow-pics-t40142.html

Did the transplant into a 5 gal bucket yesterday with more Happy Frog. She looks very happy but no change in color yet.

What exactly does rootbound mean???

Thanks for the feedback!
Legal and Loving It!!!

Root bound means the roots are too big for the planter---
if it's a Mom that old-- she shoulda been in a 5-8 gallon bin LONG before this.. Even small plants need at least a 3-4 gallon planter-- and we advise that, unless its a SOG-- never smaller than 5-gallons...

she'll bounce back-- but it will take a couple weeks....
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

Next

Return to Plant Doctor

x #{title}

#{text}