Root Bound

Help for sick or damaged marijuana plants. Marijuana growing pests, diseases, nutrient problems.

If the plant is root bound will it die if not transplanted? If the leaves are starting to turn yellow on bottom is it root bound? Pot sized is like 5 gal.

5 galpotshould be big enuf....look for other causes

what other signs are there that it is rootbound??
How old/big is it???
a lot more would say it's rootbound... like seeing roots on/near the surface and at the drainage holes..... as well as theere seeming to be no soil left in the pot-- just a mass of roots.

If yellowing from the bottom up-- usually means you are either overwatering, have insufficient drainage, or a nute issue... unless the stuff above applies.
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

I water every 3 days (is that to soon?) mir grow with 3 month feeding i just water it. But its like 3 ft. by 3 feet maybe 2 or 2 1/2 months old(starting to flower) Will the yellowing start moving up and kill the plant? i dont have anything to post pics so i can only discribe unless i find the peace for the camara. i was thinking of root bound because i heard root bound causes yellowing leaves but it looks like plenty of soil.

i run a wooden chopstick down into the soilabout 8 inches and leave it for a few seconds then pull it out......like a dip stick on a car willtellyou more.

It maybe a Nitrogen Deficiency.
Miracle grow can cause nutrient lock, if used too often.
I would suggest flushing, and to get some Super Thrive, to help the recovery.
Indys video grow http://www.pottube.com/watch/60eeb576a8 ... Tent-Setup
[img]http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/4639-NoExtraditionBanner00.jpg[/img]
[img]http://www.cannabisculture.com/library/images/uploads/4639-NoExtraditionBanner01.jpg[/img]

Problem is-- with miracle grow slow release-- it isnt really 3-month feeding.. cuz you have no way of knowing how much your plant is using or what it may be lacking.. NEVER use pre-nuted soil!
YOU need to be able to control the amounts of N-P-K and Micronutes throughout the grow, because the plants needs change in different stages.

All flushing will do is pop more of the little MG capsules in the soil....
get a soil test kit---when you take the soil sample from the pot-- put it on a dish and sort thu it for any little yellow or tan beads and remove them (they'll throw off the reading)
This will tell you aproximately how much nutrients the miracle grow is releasing-- THEN you canget what you need to adjust it...

Also-,, trim the plant and give it some water with some cal-mag, or Microblast or other micronutrient solution.
If she's a big plant, the leaves may be dying from lack of light/air... trimming or tying is the solution to that one... but the nute issue WILL effect her ability to produce decent buds.

good luck!
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

So wat kind of soil and nutes should i look for in the furture? ill check PH and stuff after i get PH tester..THX

Should i use TOP soil instead of mir. and just add my own nuts?

no--
you use potting MIX-- pro mix or any other brand that has NO added ferts.. and as for nutes-- there are literally 100's out there--
You REALLY need to go up top and read all the stickies-- they tell you exactly what to use and what amounts ect.....
;)

Next

Return to Plant Doctor

x #{title}

#{text}