tiny bugs in soil

Help for sick or damaged marijuana plants. Marijuana growing pests, diseases, nutrient problems.

anyone know what sort of bugs live in soil. They are the size of a pinhead and as i watere my soil this morning i noticed some crawling about the surface. I sprayed to soil with neem and bug off but i dont know what they could be? Or if they harmful. They loked like they could jump a little too but seem to only be in the soil.

Any suggestions?

i have those lil fuckers in my soil right now. noticed em last night. do they kind of look like fleas and only come out when you water? i think theyre fungus gnats, but they are friggin TINY!! ive never seen fungus gnats this small...i sprayed the soil with insecticidal soap and then neem oil, then covered the top inch of my soil with sand. good thing my plants will be done in less than a week...goodluck man, these things reproduce like whoa. maybe LZ could chime in on this one cause im stumped as to what they are?

yeah dude, you have fungus gnats. the sand and neem should do it, but if you still have them (doubt it) then try some mosquito bis that you put in standing water to kill mosquitos that will kill the bastards. then when you're done with that....smoke one :stoned:

I had the same problem before and used Vecto-Bac and cleared it up pretty good, but you have to keep applying it every so offten

soggy wood like soil / top soil is a magnet for fungus gnates

i had em and used 1 teaspoon of tobasco in a gallon and foliar sprayed...when they grow up they fly around and get up near the top of the plants......the spray worked great and the plants didnt mind ...i also sprayed the surface of my soil and around the drainholes in the bottom of the planter....i have never seen any damage done by fungus gnats

fungus gnats!
Get Mosquito dunks or bits... soak em in a gallon of water overnight and water with the solution (particles are ok-- leave em!)
bugs gone in 6-8 hours and won't be back!
No need for revenge, just sit back and wait.
Those who have hurt you will screw eventually themselves; and if you are lucky, God will let you watch!

Through What we create- we are immortal.

I am dealing with some sort of Fungus and Nute problems and while I was inspecting them I noticed *Tiny* little white bugs crawling on top the soil right after flushing my plants.

There are no webs, or spots on any leaves but something is eating my leaves... slowly though... maybe each plant has two holes =P.

So could this be Fungus Gnats? Tiny white things that walk on top and back into the soil?

After doing some further reading.... I'm pretty sure it is Gnats....

Read this whole tread: cannabis22006.html

I'm going to get a Safer 3in1 Spray, Mosquito Bits, and cover the top soil in sand.

DarkBuds wrote:After doing some further reading.... I'm pretty sure it is Gnats....

Read this whole tread: cannabis22006.html

I'm going to get a Safer 3in1 Spray, Mosquito Bits, and cover the top soil in sand.

Yep thats how you deal with that sort of situation .. looks like you know what to do ..

i've been fighting these fuckers for 2 months now ive tried bt and pyreathine both have not worked ive done a tottal sautration with both i will try a mix of both
Save Our Country and VOTE!!!

Next

Return to Plant Doctor

x #{title}

#{text}