very bottom pale green kinda off yellow leaves

Help for sick or damaged marijuana plants. Marijuana growing pests, diseases, nutrient problems.

hey,

2 or 3 of the leaves at the bottom of my larger lady have kinda gone a slightly off green/yellow colour, theres no signs of nute lock as ive noticed shes still grown even with the discoloration, shes 3 weeks into flower now. sorry ive no pics, forgot bring my phone with me

this is what shes been fed the last 5 weeks and how ive fixed ph problems from dodgy rainwater with a sky high ph that was off the chart (above 9.0) now all she gets is around 6.5

2 weeks before 12/12 3.5ml high nitrogen (cant remember the name got it from a friend) 0.5ml Alga-Bloom per 2L
1 week before 12/12. 3ml high nitrogen, 1ml Alga-bloom per 2L water
week one flower, 2ml Alga-bloom per 2L water (sorted ph to around 6.5)
week two flower, 3ml Alga-Bloom -fed 2 times this week per 2L water
week three flower, 4ml Alga-bloom per 2L water, 1 drop of superthrive per 4L (gallon) water/nute mix, also fed twice this week

ph is changed to the 6.5 mark after the superthrive/nutes are added.

nutes are still at half strength, as it says 4ml per 1L water

water is now tapwater with a base ph of 7.0 from the tap, it then gets left stand with a open lid for at least 2 days, i also feed the plants ph adjusted water if the top 2 inches of soil are dry whenever its needed and when i feed i feed untill i get a small amount of run off from the bottoms of the pots
AK47 140W CFL Grow (700W Output) - Lights flipped 12/12 24th December - New Update 29/12/13
indoor-growing/ak47-t43567-20.html#p921089

Sounds pretty normal to me. When the bottom doesnt get enough light you will notice they will get yellow light greenish and then eventually die. If they are turning completely yellow and it starts working its way up the plant, then its lacking nitrogen. But i think you are fine. Get a pic up if you can.

nice one so you dont think its down to feeding? wish i knew what strain this bagseed was as its starting to look really nice, kinda yellow colored buds

ill bring the camera with me tomorrow and take a few snaps ;)
AK47 140W CFL Grow (700W Output) - Lights flipped 12/12 24th December - New Update 29/12/13

It sounds like there a bit hungry, though it's pretty normal for the lower leafs to pale/yellow during flowering.

I wouldnt worry about it unless it gets bad. Any extra nitrogen your girls get through flowering will cause the buds to stretch and if it becomes bad enough the buds become unsmokeable :(

Wise Man wrote:It sounds like there a bit hungry, though it's pretty normal for the lower leafs to pale/yellow during flowering.

I wouldnt worry about it unless it gets bad. Any extra nitrogen your girls get through flowering will cause the buds to stretch and if it becomes bad enough the buds become unsmokeable :(

True That!!! Have to be very careful with the N in flowering. I use bat guano in my mix so its all gone by the time the 5th or 6th week hit.

cheers for the replys i wont be able to get to my ladies till tomorrow to get pics, will be also updating my grow topic with week 3 flowering pics :D

going to be checking on the ladies in a few hours,

think im goin to give this one a little trim to try let a bit more light get to the rest of the buds, what would eb the best way to do this? its quite a bush as it is, think ill remove a good bit of the bigger fan leafs

heres the pics of the discolored leafs

heres a few of them together after i trimmed my larger lady, with one normal colored leaf in the middle so you can see the difference

Did you chop the larger fan leaves? They provide energy to the buds later in flowering so removing them is decreasing your yeild. You can tie the top of the main stalk down for more light penetration.

Looks like a bit of N deficiency but not much. I really wouldnt worry about that.

looks like magnesium and calcium def to me. You should check the ec and ph of your runoff and see what that is saying.

Next

Return to Plant Doctor

x #{title}

#{text}