101 of Tying Marijuana Plants

Marijuana growing how to, marijuana tutorials and step by step guides about how to grow marijuana. How to clone marijuana plants. How to build a hydropnics system for marijuana growing and much more.

I remember a little time ago someone was asking how do you tie your plants well here is a basic 101 crash course as you will see its pretty easy to do.

Benifits of this method are increased yield without the need to top your plants :lol:

OK step 1 for this demo your going to need a peg some twine/string and some scissors.
Attachments
tie.1.jpg
tie.1.jpg (49.65 KiB)

unsane - beyond sanity - and yet not insane..............................................................

i cant spell ........who gives a shit

Step to place the string around the middle of the plant the plant should still have alot of flexability if not be careful how far you bend over you want to avoid breaking the stem at all costs.
Attachments
tie.2.jpg
tie.2.jpg (45.14 KiB)
tie.3.jpg
tie.3.jpg (25.55 KiB)

unsane - beyond sanity - and yet not insane..............................................................

Now i push the peg into the ground tie a knot in the string so its a loop then simply click into the peg.
Attachments
tie.6.jpg
tie.6.jpg (50.29 KiB)
tie.5.jpg
tie.5.jpg (48.48 KiB)
tie.4.jpg
tie.4.jpg (54.58 KiB)

Within 24hrs your plant will be reaching for the sun/lights again :lol:
All lower growth will now shoot up alot faster and will become main trunks ive tied mine down when they were about 1.5 foot this can be also done at a much earlier stage as well.

Remember the tie only needs to be there for a few weeks the plant will them permantly grow in the bent shape.

Removal of the tie is a must. As the trunk thickens an unchecked tie can sometimes ringbark your plants thats not a good thing.

As the plant grows other branches can be bent and shaped as needed this also helps thicken a plant quickly while keeping its height lower.

Indoors or out id tie my plants before topping anyday .
Attachments
tie.8.jpg
tie.8.jpg (50.94 KiB)

^^^^^^^ the above plant is 24hrs after tying down.

One more pic i took might as well post it :P
Attachments
tie.7.jpg
tie.7.jpg (51.07 KiB)

I should have done this with my bag seed grow, I am tying down like crazy now and its creating quite a canopy, in future I will tie all my young ones down, great post tartass.
BTW what strain are they?
T.
What did you dream? It's alright we told you what to dream.

I know what you mean Ferengi, I bent down a large branch early last week to keep the fucker from touching the light and it snapped and dropped down umongst the other branches, I thought it was fucked so I forgot about it until this morning, when I spotted it, the cola has bent back up towards the light and there is a large round growth around where the break was, its still bent at the break but clearly it has healed itself and onward and upward she grows.
T.

yea I agree tieing down is far better than tipping, or fimming. Mainly because your not stressing the plant or slowing maybe even stopping its growth

Your not stopping its growth at all tipping/topping /pinching/fimming anything actually causing damage to the plant is going to make the plant stop, repair the damage, then continue growing or at least slow growth whilst repairing. im no botonist but thats my understanding.

Of course for you THwizH2O in your airo tubes id actually start bending tieing them over once they had grown 1 inch after rooting basically in a bigger system with more plants your just really wanting to create 4 to 6 decent main stems before switching to 12/12 the height can be keept to 1 to 1.5 feet.

You dont need to tie of course just pressing lightly on the daily, bending them over. you could even consider a say bending a plant 202 style lol and create a scrog frame above your tubes and bend under the frame creating a canopy that way. Id normal bend mine over much earlier but these are in a shed and i wish to scrog without a screen tieing and bending down to fill my available space with the limited plants i have.

By the way you asked what strain they are the white rhinos ive moved them into a shed/greenhouse type thing more concelled with enough light for good growth.

Another quick tip to avoid breakages is basically get a air pressure spray gun use water with wetting agent spray your plants i find wet water logged leaf and stems often bend easier

@ice 2000 does it make that much of a difference im doing it :P:P if i thought it didnt i certainly wouldnt be doing it lol ill post more pics in the comming weeks of its progress.

Thanks for that tartass, it will be interesting to see how tall the SkyWalker grow to, I plan to grow under fluoro, 5 beans, take some clones off the 5, grow them in the tubes under 12/12 to find the best of the 5 and to remove males/hermies, turn the best into a mother, then take clones for the next grow.
T.

Next

Return to Marijuana How to, Tutorials, Tips

• Blunt rolling 101
    Attachment(s) by BlazeUp » Mon May 08, 2006 6:42 am
    2 Replies
    Last post
    Mon May 15, 2006 10:59 pm
x #{title}

#{text}