Molasses

Marijuana growing how to, marijuana tutorials and step by step guides about how to grow marijuana. How to clone marijuana plants. How to build a hydropnics system for marijuana growing and much more.

Molasses is thick syrup by product from the processing of the sugarcane or sugar beet into sugar.

Molasses can be used throughout the whole flowering stage. Some grower prefer to only use molasses during the last 3 weeks.

The ratio per gallon is 1-2 tablespoons, but can be changed due to certain conditions.

Molasses can be used for soil and hydro.

In an experiment Jorge Cervantes had done "the buds swell about 20% when sugar is added to irrigation water during the last four weeks of flowering".

Over-applying molasses will not make buds swell any more, and if over-applied could bring insects to your garden.

A 32 oz bottle of Molasses is about $7.
Attachments
blackstrap_molasses_32oz_lg.jpg
a bottle of blackstrap molasses
blackstrap_molasses_32oz_lg.jpg (29.06 KiB)

Great info. I've been reading journals and people say they use Molasses the last 3 weeks. It would leave me in utter confusion. This clears everything up!!

thanks! :slapper

I'll vouch for it.....
O.L. Johnson once said, "It is best to be thought of as a dickhead, than to speak up and remove all doubt."

Canna do a product called pk13-14, which is added in the last 3-4 weeks, but only for 1 week, this has the same effect, so is molasses high in pk??

Also quite cheap, £12 bottle will last me 5 grows easily, probably 8.

Justan alternative possibility.

Bandit
heres a few things you need to know, if marijuuana is the weed you
just have to grow, theres loads out there, northern lights, jack herer, some do it in
water, some do it in air, some do it in soil but i wont go there, some do it in
basements, some do it in lofts, some do it ouside, hidden in other crops, some do it in
winter some do it in spring, some do it for a job, some do it as 'a thing', some do it for
fun some do it for love, som doi it just to shuv the finger to the gov,
JUST DO IT

Current grow: bandits-grow-ice-cream-harvest-july-13th-t31704.html

I agree, my plants are doing wonderful and have been using molasses since the beginning of flowering. Currently am using 1 TBS per gallon and plan to continue until the flush~

i kno growers that use it in veg and swear by it. they say it has alot of sugars and has some nutrients such as potassium. they say it makes the plants heartier, stems thicker, etc.

BUMP!!

Here's another 'testimonial' for yas, :) been using 'Brer Rabbit unsulfered Blackstrap Molasses' or 'Grandma's' at 1tbs/gal only in flower-stage week 1 through next to last week - the closer you use it to harvest the more chance of it affecting taste, but even then it doesn't taste bad just camouflages the natural taste some, it works great and the plants give you the 'love' back :grin:
grow safe...
when the smile doesn't reach the eyes, watch where the hands are....

Ya i use Brer Rabbit also. If you're going to use molasses, make sure it is unsulfured blackstrap molasses. I've used it in almost every grow around the 4th week of flowering and I swear I wake up the next day and my plants are usually covered in crystals. I've been using from week 1 of flowering this time so I'm interested to see how it turns out. Use it. Love it. Smoke it.

Next

Return to Marijuana How to, Tutorials, Tips

x #{title}

#{text}